oldrim vs sse

wolfhorse60

eggsNuts500,

Let just put it this way, people are moving over steadily from LE to SE. Some are still die-hard LE users. But mods are getting ported to SSE while SSE made-from-scratch mods are very unlikely being ported to LE. You see the trend? Skyrim's time will eventually be over. Skyrim LE will phase out first before Skyrim SE (unless someone found some crazy game breaking bugs exclusive to SE that everyone is moving back to LE). Skyrim SE is the future of Skyrim where LE is like a deprecated version. Yes, there are a lot less mods for Skyrim SE than the entirety of Skyrim history from the very start. I get that. But it is a matter of time Skyrim SE will bring Skyrim back to its former glory. And ENB is no different. Boris Voronstov is still alive and kicking. You think he refuses to make SE to look as good as LE? So the statement that "go to Skyrim LE if you want good graphic" is a fallacy.

But if you insist, just state this line "I think Skyrim LE is the best in graphic, Skyrim SE will never match" and I will leave you alone. I certainly cannot cure ignorance.

I'm trying to move over because it's more stable but so far I've been disappointed and annoyed more than relieved. Its just that after 10 or so hours LE version crashes, and continuously keeps crashing no mater what so I have little choice but to move my business over to SE .

Mods that previously had indicators on screen, do not have those in SSE (frostfall, Ineed)

Mods that had MCM menus, now usually don't have it

MCM menu's that are broken (Especially Frostfall)

Some mods installed that I can't even figure out if they are working because thers zero indication at all. (Convenient horses)

Edit

apparently all my issues can be tracked back because of the scrip extender 64 version being Alpha and mods simple not using it yet.

CH finally kicked in working, and Frostfall can be 'fixed' by installing some Papyrus mod. Didn't go the whole 9 yards to fix up the menu's but clothes give proper cover now !

Is Skyrim SE treating you better? I don't play with Frostfall so I do not know. But a lot of mods I use have MCM menus. There are still a few annoyances like Lantern of Skyrim still has messed up (and unusable) MCM. But they make up for their old school option pop-up via a power. I replaced CH with Immersive Horse (just uploaded onto Skyrim SE section a few days ago). It works much better. The author is active and responsive.

There are quite a few mods I still reminisce the old Skyrim with. A few nice player home mod (that no-loading-door house on a cliff overlooking a vast tundra), a few airships. There is literately ONE ship in SE right now. I tested it out a bit. No airship. I remember the old days I drove an airship and got stuck on the highest part of Dragon Reach. That was my portable home in the air. I could jump off and land right into Whiterun (through a loading screen). And the gypsie caravan. Don't think they will ever come to SE.

Hi tomomi1922, let us both agree to disagree and carry on with our lives :) And hopefully the SE ENB improves so that we can have an amazing set of options to adjust the visuals to our tastes combined with the greater stability SE offers.

Hi tomomi1922, let us both agree to disagree and carry on with our lives :smile: And hopefully the SE ENB improves so that we can have an amazing set of options to adjust the visuals to our tastes combined with the greater stability SE offers.

That is always the case. I do notice SSE lacks the Sun flare and god ray. Not a big loss (because I turned them off in FO4 since it was a huge performance hit for little gain). But I am using PRT ENB now with the latest binaries .343 I think. And I have never been this happy with ENB with barrage of tools for me to adjust. Not the most perfect, but this is far from the old 1 slider for brightness, 1 for contrast, 1 for saturation back in the old Skyrim that we had to make do with. Even FO4 1 year ago was quite like that. FO4 biggest problem was the extremely dark character shader. Right in the middle of sunny day, the dark/shadow side of a character is so dark. If I raise shadow, then shadow details in building looks too bright. My only worked around was actually putting up with the ugly Character Light feature in the game.

You have SSS in Skyrim LE?

I do notice SSE lacks the Sun flare and god ray.

Think of that as a wonderful benefit rather than a deficit.

Lol. Did you read I turned those off in FO4? I mean it is cool to have as an option, but in FO4, it wasn't the best, and it taxed the performance heavily. So naturally, or pragmatically, it should be off. I remember losing 10-20fps just for Godray. And if it's not at best quality setting, it is jagged (something to do with SSAO and/or AA). It's way more immersion breaking with pixelated godray than no godray at all.

But then, it is always good to have option right? Right now in my game, SSAO seems to make the face ugly (nothing as cool as screenshots on follower mods). I haven't found the right setup to make them look good. But I have to live with that.

SE allowed me to reach Skyrim nirvana and I don't think I'll ever go back! :dance:

My goal has always been to have a stable, high fps, graphically beautiful Skyrim with all the Mods I want for a given playthrough. I've worked with LE for years and was never able to "get it all". Although SE required a graphics card upgrade for my rig, the results are worth every penny. With SE, I just set up my mods and play. Simple, easy and no worries. Goal accomplished!

Best thing is that Boris has now upgraded the ENBseries with Subsurface Scattering like in Oldrim, bringing it up to par with the ENB presets you can get in Legendary Edition. No longer will you have to skimp on rich visual quality, you can now have your cake and eat it.

SE allowed me to reach Skyrim nirvana and I don't think I'll ever go back! :dance:

My goal has always been to have a stable, high fps, graphically beautiful Skyrim with all the Mods I want for a given playthrough. I've worked with LE for years and was never able to "get it all". Although SE required a graphics card upgrade for my rig, the results are worth every penny. With SE, I just set up my mods and play. Simple, easy and no worries. Goal accomplished!

I agree about 'worth every penny'. I am a very frugal person. It is in my nature. I hate to overpay even just $5 even I am so willing to treat my friends dinner. Generous but frugal. You can guess where this is going in regard to expensive video cards (and smart phones) that have new models coming out every 6 months.

But at one point, I stepped back to think, what is all these penny pinching, calculating, I can try to save $100 (by waiting for the price to go down) and putting up with not being able to use ENB or toggling everything to a level where my fps is playable. It's not like $400 is a lot of money, definitely not my entire paycheck. So I said Enough, went out to buy enough parts to build a brand new computer, worth some $2000. That includes a $400 video card.

My dream in Skyrim is lush and dense meadow. My very dense meadow outside Whiterun, with Ultra setting and highest ENB setting, and a lot of 4k texture mods get me down to around 45fps. I think it is very playable. Next, I am going to put some 40 NPCs battling each other on the same field. Money well spent!

I do notice SSE lacks the Sun flare and god ray.

Think of that as a wonderful benefit rather than a deficit.

Lol. Did you read I turned those off in FO4? I mean it is cool to have as an option, but in FO4, it wasn't the best, and it taxed the performance heavily. So naturally, or pragmatically, it should be off. I remember losing 10-20fps just for Godray. And if it's not at best quality setting, it is jagged (something to do with SSAO and/or AA). It's way more immersion breaking with pixelated godray than no godray at all.

Thats the built in godrays in the game, nothing to do with ENB. Its sunrays have always been superior and performance impact is minimal.

Did you know that crank starters for automobiles gave you an amazing set of exercise options over those second edition electronic ignitions?

What on earth does that have to do with anything?

Best thing is that Boris has now upgraded the ENBseries with Subsurface Scattering like in Oldrim, bringing it up to par with the ENB presets you can get in Legendary Edition. No longer will you have to skimp on rich visual quality, you can now have your cake and eat it.

And missing water, weather, parallax... but apparently missing features is now a bonus feature! Amazing.