DAI Mod manager

KesusRiced

So, I'm going back to a save file and I apparently can't access it due to mods. I can't uninstall mods etc because I don 't have the mod manager. But the mod manager on the Nexus is hidden. Does anyone know how to work around this? Sorry if its been asked

Use this to DL the current mod manager.

If that's not working for some reason, get it here as well.

Also, you don't really uninstall mods from a save. The way the mod manager works is to exploit the patch system and create a fake patch. The current version of the default game is 12. The mod manager makes it version 13. Version 13 is baked into all subsequent saves so you can't then go back and try to load that save on a game that thinks it should be version 12.

There are two ways to get around this, even if you don't want to use mods.

1 You can either use the mod manager and merge without any mods loaded. This essentially creates a blank patch with only the default game stuff, but still allows the game to think it's version 13.

2 You can manually edit the version number yourself.

Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Dragon Age Inquisition\Update\Patch and open package.mft in Notepad. You will see:

Name patch
Authoritative
Version 12

Change 12 to 13 and save.

• 2 years later...

i know it's been a while, but I'm having trouble with the mods/uninstalling.

I was foolish enough to both use DAI Mod Manager and Frosty. It worked with Frosty, while I had some mods with MM installed, but then I used one dress changer for wicked hearts quest, which totally blew my other mods. So I tried using only Frosty again, which blew my whole game. I can't load it anymore (I get the Patch error), I manually change the package file to 13, but still it shows this message. I even used the Repair function by Origin.

Now I used the trick with the Dai MM merging without any mods active, which seemed to work (the package shows version 14 now). I tried starting with Frosty again, but none of the mods were active. How do I get Frosty to work again? I'm lost :sad:

never mind, I got it to work, thanks to some youtube vid I saw. I needed to delete the Merged folder after overriding the Patch folder with the files from the Merged folder.... I missed that step before...........

Edited by ILove2Play