Where am I in the game? Priority: Thessia, should I start over?

chowser

OK, I played Andromeda last year and remembered that I never finished ME3 (gaming pc blew). Played as both siblings then quit ME for awhile.

I couldn't find my original ME3 box? discs? so I decided to see if EA/Origin remembered I owned the game and it did. It also installed my last saves.

I've got 22 hours into the game and am at Priority: Thessia.

I don't remember anything. Not even the controls. Last played in 2012.

If I start over completely, would it remember my ME1/ME2 saves? Which are not on my new computer.

There is an old save I think that's near the beginning that I could try to pick up and play again.

Or just start over from the beginning with defaults?

Or should I not even bother with the game?

It's been so long. I've just been playing older games on my new gaming pc while waiting for something new to try.

I personally replay ME3 more than the other two from the original trilogy, although having all the DLCs and quite a few mods helps with that. If you do not remember anything from your last attempt at playing it, loosing about 20 hours of play by going back to an early save will not be a big loss for you. With that said, I would not advise starting over completely and loosing all of the important game plots from the previous two games, but it is completely up to you. The tutorials for the game start on Earth (when the Reapers arrive) and continue through the mission on Mars. The control setup should be accessible from the main menu, as well as in-game menu (using the ESC key). You may also find the Mass Effect Wiki helpful, but, as the game is now well over 5 years old, beware the spoilers.

Thanks, the earliest save I have is on Earth so hopefully it's close enough so I can refamiliarize myself with the controls and I don't lose anything from ME1/ME2. I do remember doing my best to do everything in ME1 and ME2.

I played Andromeda with Scott then with Sara and didn't feel like a third playthrough.

I do love the games. I have N7 decals on my laptops, N7 shirts and a leather motorcycle jacket.

Edited by chowser

...if you complete it now, you can restart it again as an ME3 Character for second play through including everything you had from ME/ME2...

And still be able to change a few things about your Shepard, like class, for example. I think Engineer has become my favourite. :D