A proper jetpack

DaedalusCZ

The jetpack is a great option and if you are not afraid to make some changes in the ini files for the game you can tailor the jetpack to do some amazing things.

Things to know about the jetpack are:

Initial Thrust - This is what you get when you first hit the jetpack. Initial Thrust helps determine how fast you rise.

Sustained Thrust - This what your jetpack does after the initial thrust has stopped.

Timed To Sustained Thrust - This is how long the initial thrust will burn before switching over to sustained thrust.

Initial Thrust AP Drain - This determines how much AP cost it has to hit the jetpack at start.

Sustained Thrust AP Drain - This determines the cost for AP for sustained flight.

I use the great personal CROSS Jetpack and I have the 0 Damage Dampener mod attached. I just like to use Leather Armor so I cannot be so OP and I just like the look of it anyway. You can also have that Acrobat Legendary leg armor for both legs and that will negate any fall damage too. Or the Free Fall armor, but I am high enough level to use the jetpack damage dampener 0% damage mod for the CROSS Jetpack so I just use that.

With my setting I use the following:

Initial Thrust - 150 This is significantly lower than vanilla. (I think vanilla is like 760) This gives me a slow assent and a controlled rise up to the sky. An example would be that at Abernathy farm I will slowly get to the top of the power lines in about 3 seconds.

Time to Sustained Thrust - 3 (3 seconds) this is a lot longer than vanilla but I use a much lower initial thrust power to get up there.

Sustained Thrust - 92 This is slightly lower than the sustained thrust needed to keep me hovering in place. This gives me a slow controlled descent and I can fire rockets at things while I slowly float back to earth. :smile:

Initial Thrust AP Drain - 10 This cost 10 AP points just to fire my jetpack.

Sustained Thrust AP Drain - 2 This is a tiny cost for sustained flight so I can fly around all over without running out of AP.

There is a setgs command that can be added at the start of every game with the console or a formula added to the [General] section of the Fallout4 ini folder if you want it always load at the start.

These settings will let me fire the jetpack and slowly rise up to a nice height level over 3 seconds. Then when the jetpack switches to sustained thrust I will slowly float back to earth in a very controlled manner. I can look around and change direction, whatever. This gives me about 20 seconds of flight time. At a walking pace I can usually fly from Sanctuary workbench to Red Rocket and only use about half of my AP so I can immediately jump and fly again and get to Abernathy with my AP just running out. YMMV.

Now the only issue is the forward thrust. There really is none except for the vanilla walking or running speed. If you run and jump and start the jetpack you will burn your AP very fast and not get any flight time. Walking speed is slow and does not cover much ground but with these settings will not use much AP.

To solve this I have added another mod that gives a great option for this. It is called Vault Tech Speed or something like that. It is a drug that is easy to make and increases you movement speed. It comes in 2 flavors and gives a good boost and the other gives a significant speed boost. They last either 1 minute or 2 minutes. Pop one of these babies and now you can walk at a very fast pace and not use any additional AP. This lets you use the jetpack to basically fly where you want to go. You will not fly forever but for 1 minute you will get about 2 jumps before your jetpack uses all the AP and drug wears off. You can easily go from Sanctuary to well past the drive in with this combo.

I was tailoring this to a Survival run I was using to finish this toons playthrough with. I will not use fast travel but at least I can somewhat fly to places instead of running. Good luck with your jetpack. :smile: