Open Community  ·  383 members

Stardew Valley

Need Help Fixing Skull Cavern Dialogue Bug

livipup

So I'm in my second playthrough of Stardew Valley. I decided to completely start over when I installed mods because of the kinds of mods I installed (namely one that edits the forest farm, I was using the default farm in my first playthrough so wanted to switch). I was in year three in my previous playthrough and had been to the Skull Cavern plenty of times before getting the purple statue thing at the start of year 3. Unfortunately this time around I'm having a pretty significant issue with the Skull Cavern which never occurred before. Whenever I drop down a hole in the Skull Cavern I get stuck because I can't close the dialogue box. I thought before that maybe the issue was related to rain since it was the first time I went there while it was raining when it happened, but this time it was not raining and I got the same bug. Whenever I try to close the dialogue box that says how many floors you fell down it just plays that sound you sometimes hear while fishing when no fish have bitten for a while (it's like a bobber sound, bwoop).

The SMAPI mods I have installed are;

Better Hay

Better Ranching

Better Slingshots

Children Like Parents (Dynamic Child Appearance)

Console Commands (I think this is a default thing with SMAPI, right?)

Content Patcher

Expanded Fridge (Likely suspect)

Get Dressed

Happy Birthday (Likely suspect)

Horse Whistle

No Fence Decay

Pet Water Bowl

Stack Everything (Bug existed before I installed this one)

Starblue Valley

Summit Rain

Summit Reborn

UI Info Suite (Likely suspect)

Woods Debris Fix

All of my other mods are just textures and map files (none related to the Skull Cavern). If you're curious about the map mod I used, it's one of the Three Ponds variants from Ace's Expanded Farms.

If anybody has any experience with modding that could help me figure this out, or has dealt with this issue before and knows what causes it I would greatly appreciate it. I have no idea how Stardew Valley mods are made so I couldn't even begin to figure this out. My only guess is that it's one of the mods which alter UI elements. Thank you!