New Vampire Clans Mod?

cubanbface

Im aware there is a Quarra clan mod and I have played it in the past and I really like it. But how come no one in the modding scene has ever tackled doing the other 2 clans: Berne and Aundae? Someone should step up and really do this. Create new quests for them with new items, abilities etc all in a lore friendly and balanced way.

I'm sure such a endevour would take time and be a massive effort probably....but wow this could probably win any modathon hands off. Nothing like it has been done before.

With that said...a new vampire embrace mod or vampire hunger mod or update would go wonderfully with it. Just giving all you modders that have the knowledge and skill to do this ideas.

Any thoughts?

• 2 years later...

Hey, I've initially wrote the copy-pasted commentary (below) in the mod discussion section, but then decided it should be left somewhere on the forum as well.

Now, for curious ppl (about Berne Quests and Quarra quests, btw did anyone create any additional Aundae quests?):

Someone correct me, if I'm wrong. I've spent some time, reading info on these and figuring out the load order on my own via the plugin compatibility checker tool.

Vampire quests/dialog load order (works in OpenMW).
This list only includes some vampire-related mods (that I use, obviously). If you think this order is strange, trust me; it's the least conflict-triggering one, only overriding some minor dialogue/greeting stuff, without breaking anything.
--
Berne Quests (Don't use with Quarra, using both in 1 playthrough doesn't make sense anyway)
TR_Factions.esp (Tamriel Rebuilt)
Djangos Dialogue 1.4
Raym's Vampire Rumors
Idle Talk
No more Dr. Nerevarine
Vampire Nerevarine (it triggers only via the Azura's Star quest, if activated as a vampire)
quarraclan.esp (http://mw.modhistory.com/download-80-9729, use cleaned, and don't use simultaneously with Berne?)
Unbarred Vampire Dialogue (personal choice, to avoid being attacked, overhauls change too much and conflict with quest mods here)

Vampire Stat Gains Fix (THIS MOD)

Clan Aundae Vampire Dungeons (just in case for some added value)
Vampire Character Generation (I'm using it for test purpose, can be neglected).
--
Default script:

begin Vampire_Berne
short doneshort fightsetshort cattlekilledshort noloreshort nohelloshort nofleeshort noidleshort nointrudershort nothief
if ( GetJournalIndex "VA_VampCountess" == 70 )setFight 100setDisposition 0set cattlekilled to -1returnendif
if ( OnDeath == 1 )if ( GetJournalIndex "VA_VampHunter" == 90 )if ( VampClan == 1 )set VampKills to ( VampKills + 1 )elseif ( VampClan == 2 )set VampKills to ( VampKills - 1 )elseif ( VampClan == 3 )set VampKills to ( VampKills + 1 )endifelseif ( GetJournalIndex "VA_VampAmulet" == 30 )if ( VampClan == 1 )set VampKills to ( VampKills + 1 )elseif ( VampClan == 2 )set VampKills to ( VampKills - 1 )elseif ( VampClan == 3 )set VampKills to ( VampKills + 1 )endifendifAddItem "ingred_vampire_dust_01" 1endif
if ( done == -1 )returnendif
if ( done == 2 )
;check for PC NO LONGER a Berne Vampireif ( player->GetSpell "Vampire Berne Specials" != 1 )setfight 90setdisposition 20set done to -1endif
endif
if ( done == 1 )
;check for PC as a Berne Vampireif ( player->GetSpell "Vampire Berne Specials" == 1 )setfight 30set done to 2elseif ( player->GetSpell "Vampire Berne Specials" != 1 )if ( fightset == 0 )setfight 90setdisposition 20set fightset to 1endifendifreturn
endif
if ( done == 0 )AddSpell, "Vampire Blood Berne";this is the blood diseaseAddSpell, "Vampire Attributes"AddSpell, "Vampire Skills"AddSpell, "Vampire Immunities"AddSpell, "Vampire Sun Damage"AddSpell, "Vampire Touch"AddSpell, "Vampire Berne Specials"ModRestoration 75
set done to 1endif
end Vampire_Berne

Modified Stat Gain script:

begin Vampire_Berne
short doneshort fightsetshort cattlekilledshort noloreshort nohelloshort nofleeshort noidleshort nointrudershort nothief
if ( GetSpell "Vampire Blood Berne" == 0 )AddSpell, "Vampire Blood Berne"AddSpell, "Vampire Attributes"AddSpell, "Vampire Skills"AddSpell, "Vampire Immunities"AddSpell, "Vampire Sun Damage"AddSpell, "Vampire Touch"AddSpell, "Vampire Berne Specials"endif
if ( GetJournalIndex "VA_VampCountess" == 70 )setFight 100setDisposition 0set cattlekilled to -1returnendif
if ( OnDeath == 1 )if ( GetJournalIndex "VA_VampHunter" == 90 )if ( VampClan == 1 )set VampKills to ( VampKills + 1 )elseif ( VampClan == 2 )set VampKills to ( VampKills - 1 )elseif ( VampClan == 3 )set VampKills to ( VampKills + 1 )endifelseif ( GetJournalIndex "VA_VampAmulet" == 30 )if ( VampClan == 1 )set VampKills to ( VampKills + 1 )elseif ( VampClan == 2 )set VampKills to ( VampKills - 1 )elseif ( VampClan == 3 )set VampKills to ( VampKills + 1 )endifendifAddItem "ingred_vampire_dust_01" 1endif
if ( done == -1 )returnendif
if ( done == 2 )
;check for PC NO LONGER a Berne Vampireif ( player->GetSpell "Vampire Berne Specials" != 1 )setfight 90setdisposition 20set done to -1endif
endif
if ( done == 1 )
;check for PC as a Berne Vampireif ( player->GetSpell "Vampire Berne Specials" == 1 )setfight 30set done to 2elseif ( player->GetSpell "Vampire Berne Specials" != 1 )if ( fightset == 0 )setfight 90setdisposition 20set fightset to 1endifendifreturn
endif
if ( done == 0 )AddSpell, "Vampire Blood Berne";this is the blood diseaseAddSpell, "Vampire Attributes"AddSpell, "Vampire Skills"AddSpell, "Vampire Immunities"AddSpell, "Vampire Sun Damage"AddSpell, "Vampire Touch"AddSpell, "vampire levitate"AddSpell, "Vampire Berne Specials"AddSpell, "Vampire Berne Skills"AddSpell, "necro_vampire_restoration"ModRestoration 75
set done to 1endifend Vampire_Berne

Similar with Quarra. So, I assume it is safe to override the clan quest scripts with this mod.
Anyway, I'm still learning these things, so don't get angry, if I messed up, fellow vampire enthusiasts.

Edited by SpiritTauren

• 1 year later...

hey i cant find this kind of mod but I have an idea for a simple vampirism mod where if you are unclothed the sun kills you as vampire, but the more clothed you are the less damage you recieve over time and when fully covered you dont get sun damage but you are massively debuffed so you are weaker during the day but as the day goes on and the sun starts going down the debuff reduces gradually and by night time you get buffed and get full vampire strength/abilities. i feel it would be immersive and allow players to access the game during the day but with a caveat. Would be a cool added with hidden vampire identity helm mod so you can still interact with npc still but because your face is covered you get a persuasion penalty so people like you less and you have to use vampire powers or persuasion to get people to like you more. Just wondering if anyone could make this. I think it would go well with clan mods or something along the lines.

hey i cant find this kind of mod but I have an idea for a simple vampirism mod where if you are unclothed the sun kills you as vampire, but the more clothed you are the less damage you recieve over time and when fully covered you dont get sun damage but you are massively debuffed so you are weaker during the day but as the day goes on and the sun starts going down the debuff reduces gradually and by night time you get buffed and get full vampire strength/abilities. i feel it would be immersive and allow players to access the game during the day but with a caveat. Would be a cool added with hidden vampire identity helm mod so you can still interact with npc still but because your face is covered you get a persuasion penalty so people like you less and you have to use vampire powers or persuasion to get people to like you more. Just wondering if anyone could make this. I think it would go well with clan mods or something along the lines.