NoahHall

With the huge swath of impressive settlement-enhancement mods for Fallout 4, I'm somewhat surprised there aren't any mods for scavenging teams. I mean yes there's the scavenging stations that (very) slowly generate junk/scrap, and yes there's the Salvage Beacons mod - but nothing quite like the idea of a scavenging team.

Basically, my idea is this: Just like sending off provisioners, you could send off a settler(or a team of settlers) to go scavenge for you. They would then walk out of the settlement, basically disappear for a few in-game hours or days, then come back with their inventory full of miscellaneous, random junk. More of it than the Scavenging Station provides. It would somewhat similar to the Eyebot Pod from Automatron, except rather than being a specific material and rather than simply telling you where it is, the settler would come back with random junk. If taken further, it could also feature a percent-chance that the settler won't come back at all if they aren't well-armed and armored.

Something like this would heavily benefit players during settlement-focused games(especially when paired with Sim Settlements) by making it feel like the player isn't the only one who can actually do stuff to aid the settlement, and allow the player to stay in the settlement in circumstances where he/she's "managing" it.

Edited by NoahHall

Eh, seems functionally the same a a scavenger station, just adjust the scripting for that to gather stuff at a higher rate. Might even be able to make them range beyond the settlement somehow, but in general I think you could get pretty close with some minor adjustments to that existing resource.

It's probably not been done because one does not mess with the Workshopparent script... It's a bad BAD idea to mess with that...

This is the only thing that makes this idea a bit worrysome. In principle, the idea is fantastic; but unless someone can do it without altering said script, there is a lot of room for broken settlements and confused players.