why hasnt this been done yet?

Deathlyninja

ever play dead space 3? remember the weapon crafting in that? why hasn't that been a mod in fallout 4? its the direction that i thought bethesda was going in when they first announced it until the released it as it is now. but i'm surprised no one has decided to do that. so you'd have various frames and then those frames allowed different receivers, barrels, and calibers. the pipe weapons would be the lowest level and higher level parts would obviously be unlocked with weapon smith and science. i should of requested this mod sooner, but really i figured someone was already gonna jump on this idea. only problem now though, is that the modding community is late in the game and compatibility is a bit of a issue with other mods now, however, there is AWKCR which might help with this issue. point is, it would be an awesome mod and could be expanded to work with the melee weapons too. the armor however already kinda has it so that i cant imagine changing.

Because nobody care to.

Because nobody can.

Because it's better the way it is.

people might, but i cant be certain.

people probably could, it just would be a lot of work.

and its most definitely not better the way it is. the way it is, its messy. you get pipe weapons and immediately toss them, they have no purpose even early on since you can get their superior counterparts fairly early on. the guns in fallout tend to lack customize-ability where some would have only a few options often being fairly obvious and with the before mentioned method, would allow a lot more customize-ability. the game already has fragments and pieces of this concept i believe as well, but seems they ditched it because of time constraints or budget. i think thats why you can turn a handgun into a rifle via the stock and vice versa, the calibers being changeable on some guns, and the sheer existence of pipe weapons. if it were fully implemented, all guns would be able to be swapped between each other. there wouldnt be handguns that can only be handguns or rifles that can only be rifles. hell, it worked very well in dead space 3, so why do you think it wouldnt work here?

I mean, this is the closest thing so far, but really, the way it's currently done makes far more sense for the universe. Guns simply do not have interchangeable parts. However, I do agree that parts for all the various pipe weapons should be interchangeable, especially since they're all identical except for the receivers. It would also be cool if more advanced weapons could spawn with some of the pipe stocks, that's the one part that you could rig up to be somewhat interchangeable without too much difficulty. One of my future mod plans, after I finish the ones I'm currently updating, is to replace 90% of the pipe gun parts so there aren't any duplicates, even among the receivers.

I mean, this is the closest thing so far, but really, the way it's currently done makes far more sense for the universe. Guns simply do not have interchangeable parts. However, I do agree that parts for all the various pipe weapons should be interchangeable, especially since they're all identical except for the receivers. It would also be cool if more advanced weapons could spawn with some of the pipe stocks, that's the one part that you could rig up to be somewhat interchangeable without too much difficulty. One of my future mod plans, after I finish the ones I'm currently updating, is to replace 90% of the pipe gun parts so there aren't any duplicates, even among the receivers.

yea i saw that mod a while back, but my main concern with that mod is that it would be too overpowered. however, in concept its a great mod