Load screen issue since Vortex

Immacula

That's really hard to tell. I hope that the main quest (or any other quest line in Solitude) is not stuck now.

Do you have older save games? Maybe even from a very early state of the game? If so, check if fast travelling is working there. You can also start a new game (and endure the whole Helgen sequence ... ;) ) and try to fast travel.

If travelling works in a earlier save game or after you start a new game, it's not related to your mods but caused by a defect in your save game. Try to find the save game when it started to cause problems. If it's not too old, you might consider using that save game to continue to play.

How did you manage to enter Solitude without triggering the execution sequence?

That's really hard to tell. I hope that the main quest (or any other quest line in Solitude) is not stuck now.

Do you have older save games? Maybe even from a very early state of the game? If so, check if fast travelling is working there. You can also start a new game (and endure the whole Helgen sequence ... :wink: ) and try to fast travel.

If travelling works in a earlier save game or after you start a new game, it's not related to your mods but caused by a defect in your save game. Try to find the save game when it started to cause problems. If it's not too old, you might consider using that save game to continue to play.

How did you manage to enter Solitude without triggering the execution sequence?

Everything occurred as normally, the headsman was there and one spectator who wouldn't speak to me saying she was waiting for a traitor to be executed. So I waited a few hours, no change. Left and returned and NPCs were then speaking as though the execution had taken place.

Okay, I need to confess that when I changed from NMM to Vortex I somehow managed to download non SE mods, which of course Vortex didn't like (which was why I scrapped it all and started from scratch with Vortex). This was the same time I entered Solitude for the first time.

You know, I may just (backup) and delete all my saves and just start over from scratch. Or may not hehe; I'm going to sleep on it.

Thing is, since removing Achievements I've had no trouble so am tempted to continue, except that, as you say, I may hit problems further down the line, as you (who clearly knows what they are talking about) say it is unlikely to have been the achievements mod. Oh decisions decisions .........

Just want to add I really appreciate your help, many thanks.

Did you reactivate the achievements mod now?

Yes; many hours play and (touch wood) no problems.