Is there a built in condition that checks to see if the player is in currently in VATS?

I would like to play around with effects that only work while the player is in VATS.

Is there a condition built into the creation kit that checks to see if the player is currently in VATS?

Basically I'm looking for something along the lines of "IsPlayerInVATS". Does that exist? If not, any advice on how I would get this effect?

I have tried "checkVATSvalue" and "getVATSmode" but neither seem to work.

In case anybody is wonder, I'm trying to add a perk that only works in VATS. For example, increased damage resistance in VATS for an endurance perk. Or if the player is in VATS and they kill somebody, they get health. Or even a slow AP drain in VATS so the player has to act quickly.

I know this would be possible through code but I'm trying to stay away from that if it's already built into the creation kit. It seems like it would be a pretty basic condition to have, but then again I can't think of anything that would use it in the base game.

Edited by bretton

• 3 months later...

Little resurrect, tested this today and to my surprise it did work.

3z03jWA.png

I only tested it with a PRKC of 1, (it can also be 0 or 2) which I think is the value which is nescessary to point at the player.

It might be important to use "Greater than or equal to" 1 because the VATSMode is a value between 0 and 4 depending on what stage of the VATS interface you are in, so if you were using "equal to" (1) and it was returning a value of 2 to 4 then that may have been why you didnt get results with it.