skyrim mod organizer v1.3.11 won't login

oscar718

Hi,

i recently had to re-install my o/s (win 10) and re-install MO (which i've used for few years now). I re-reviewed the instruction on the step project and the vids by gopher and gamerpoets (just to make sure i didnt forget anything)

i installed MO configured it for both nexus and steam. tried to download a mod and got error messages in the MO console area telling me that login failed

the first error was "failed to retrieve update information: invalid response"

second error (after login failed) was "QCoreApplication::pstEvent: Unexpected nul receiver"

can't even imagine running skyrim without MO. Hoping this is an issue others have had and resolved any help much appreciated

you don't need to log in to download mods

just browse the site and choose a mod to download , click download with manager

when the pop up box for choosing the application pops up , choose to add a program , find the MO executable and add it

this way you can download your mods through MO without the issues of logging in (I did this with MO2 just an hour ago , as I was also unable to log in)

thanks for the suggestion, just tried it, didnt work, MO console shows "download started", "download requested:%mod%", "add nxm download:%mod%", "failed to request file infor from nexus: invalid response"

didn't realize it wouldn't work with MO1 , so sorry it wasn't that helpful

hopefully the fix DarkRudra linked works for you

not sure if Skyrim LE would work with MO2 , so I can't suggest a switch to this unless you know it works well with it (would need to check this , can't really recall)

@DarkRudra, thanks for the link(s), looks like due to the changes, MO is effectively broken and wont be updated/fixed.

Do you know whether MO2 will work for skyrim (32bit) ? i noticed its only available on the skyrim se mods site

MO2 supports Skyrim LE, yes. Some third party applications (like Merge Plugins or FNIS) may or may not work as well with MO2 as they did in MO1, though. GamerPoets on Youtube has a series of videos covering MO2 installation and setup that are a good guide to migrating, if you want to do that.

I've been playing around with MO2 for the first time the past couple of days, since these changes started, and personally I think I'm going to stick with MO1 for LE and editing the hosts file for now. But then I never used the download with manager feature, I always download through my browser and open the downloads in MO to install the mods later. If you rely on that feature, MO2 seems to be the way to go.