A Simple Replacement for Bryce Cousland's Attire

YourInnerDemons

The Human Noble Origin is probably my most played version of DA: O. There is a lot I enjoy about it. The warmth and loving connection I feel from my family, the fall from nobility to potentially becoming just another in a long line of nameless heroes for the greater good, and the quest for vengeance on Arl Howe for taking everything I hold most precious from me.

Still, there is something that always makes me recoil in revulsion. And that is this...

>>Bryce Cousland's Horrendous Vanilla Clothing<<

Teryn Bryce Cousland's vanilla attire has rubbed me the wrong way from day one. I'm not a fashionista, but the bright yellow (which is probably meant to be gold but that is totally not gold) is so unappealing. Frankly, it looks more like something a court jester might wear not a high-status nobleman. The aesthetic almost completely takes me out of the immersion.

Now I know there are a few mods that address this (Improved Atmosphere and so on) but most I find come with more than just a change in apparel or have requirements I don't want. I only want a simple mod that changes my in-game daddy's clothing to make him look more like a noble and less like a joke.

And I do have a suggestion. Replace the opening attire with the clothes he wears during the Gauntlet shown here.

Contextually, it would also make more sense as they would be the clothes he died in.

Now, if there is a mod like this already that I am unaware, please do let me know. If not, I would be eternally grateful to the one who would take on this task. Thank you so much in advance!

♥♥♥

Edited by YourInnerDemons

Here ya go.

Not tested in-game - I don't have DAO installed any longer - but it should work.

Note you will have to start a new game to see any change, since the equipment swap affects an NPC in the origin arc.

Oh my gosh. Thank you so much for the quick reply! I've not had a chance to try it out yet as I'm setting up mods for a new game atm. But when I start, I'll let you know how it goes. ^^

EDIT: Got all my mods installed and started a new game and it works perfectly! It's exactly what I asked for! Thank you so much!!! ♥♥♥

Edited by YourInnerDemons

• 3 years later...

Adding a reply because it took me ages to find this again and nostalgia begs me to paly a new game.

:)

You can also find the file here... I uploaded it to the mods area proper, in the event anyone else might find it useful.

Adding a reply because it took me ages to find this again and nostalgia begs me to paly a new game.

:smile:

You can also find the file here... I uploaded it to the mods area proper, in the event anyone else might find it useful.

:ohmy:

You are incredible! Was not expecting that at all! Thank you for the plesant surprise!