How do I install this mod?

mrcritterfur

So, complete newb here. This is the first mod I've downloaded from Nexus. And I'm not sure how to install it.

I'm on a Mac, but I didn't get XCOM through steam, I got it through the Apple app store, so I don't have the workshop functionality of steam. And I don't know enough to manually do it.

Is there a Mac installer (I admit, I can't find anything on the website to help) or something?

Thank you.

There have never been many Mac players of XCOM:EU/EW. And there are very few of any sort on the forum these days. The best help available is in the "Basic Guide to installing mods" wiki article, under the "OS/X mod installation" section. The general guidelines of that guide apply to all platforms, with appropriate adjustments for the specifics of your installation path. The necessary prep and game features remain the same, however.

-Dubious-

There have never been many Mac players of XCOM:EU/EW. And there are very few of any sort on the forum these days. The best help available is in the "Basic Guide to installing mods" wiki article, under the "OS/X mod installation" section. The general guidelines of that guide apply to all platforms, with appropriate adjustments for the specifics of your installation path. The necessary prep and game features remain the same, however.

-Dubious-

I FINALLY GOT IT TO WORK!!!!

Apparently, I followed a guide that told me to move the app file to the xcom folder when I ran the installer. But I didn't realize when I was dragging the "app" to my xcom folder, it was making an alias link and not moving the ACTUAL app file.

Once I realized that, I just had to run the installer as sudo, and got it to work.

Thanks for the response though. I appreciate it. I realize I'm late to the game, but by the time I even heard about LW, I was already on XCOM2 trying to play LW2 and counting down the ays until War of the Chosen.

Edited by mrcritterfur