Unique NPCs-loot-corpses have invisible clothing (LooksMenu, CBBE)

phpones

this also tends to happen to living npcs too. i would sometimes see piper or preston have no torso when they loaded, and it only started to happen after i gave all the npcs randomized bodies. the obvious ones like dead raider in front of sanctuary was always invisible, sometimes even after taking all of his stuff. on the latest test play through bobbi no nose also had no body during the final cutscene. looksmenu is probably in need of debugging rather than just version maintenance updates, it's been getting more broken as time passes, with clothes option always crashing, the sliders visually reverting to vanilla during modification, overlays blinking out of existence at certain angles and now this.

Edited by yarrmateys

• 5 months later...

Okie, manged to test the same method on Emma and Ricca and as far as I can tell it does work...

Just need to be sure the following is in your template.ini:

CBBE Zeroed [email protected]

And your morph.ini has these after the All|Female|HumanRace= XXXX line:

#Preplaced Corps
#Helena
Fallout4.esm|3df75=CBBE Zeroed Sliders
#Emma
Fallout4.esm|162781=CBBE Zeroed Sliders
#Rica
Fallout4.esm|1079af=CBBE Zeroed Sliders

If anyone else can verify that it work I think we may have found a fix...

Now, obvious limitation is that we can only do this to NPC corpses that have a unique baseid an we would have to input each one into the morph.ini manually... So I guess the next step would be a list of named female corpses in the game would need to be created and thier corresponding baseid be found...

I'm a bit late to this party. Thanks for looking into this. I've tried the above solution, and it's not working for me (only tested with Ricca).

I'll keep doing some debugging, but I'm wondering if anyone has come across any other variations of this or has new insights since this post?

• 4 weeks later...

@flimzy31 the solution proposed by Ryunaito would only work if the body wasn't already spawned and received a body, you need a save where you haven't gotten close to those bodies (near cells)... or if you were playing with bodygen off (either by having bEnableModelPreprocessor=0 or if no morph/template files in your load order).

Ryunaito solution makes sense... but for that we would need the ID of every dead female body (and now possibly male too, since BodyTalk apparently supports bodygen?) to have a specific line for them in the morph file.

I just started a new playthrough and saw one invisible body in that shack north of sanctuary. It's very immersion breaking. What I'll do is not use bodygen. It's much better to see many similar bodies (they still vary by weight anyway) than to occasionally see an invisible one.

Or just give specific bodies to specific NPCs - by not using AllFemales.

• 1 year later...