0ber0n812

So I haven't really modded any game as much as FO4 before so I apologise if I seem ignorant to modding in general.

Before the latest manager update I had a number of creation club creations I purchased working alongside the mods I use. Since the update there are plugins appearing in the manager for the creations I bought. I don't know if they're supposed to be there but they weren't before the update and I have a message telling me the game won't launch with this many active plugins. Is there a way I can remove these plugins (or change things somehow) and keep both my mods and creations in the game?

just to make sure , which update are we talking about here?

also , how many active plugins are shown in your mod manager?

the thing is , if you've had more than 255 plugins (including the esl plugins from the creation club) , some of your plugins weren't loading into the game (I'm not really sure how that works though , so I don't know which plugins won't load . maybe the ones last in your load order , maybe something else , don't really know)

whatever the case , you can't remove plugins and still have their effects in the game . you can try to merge plugins together , but that's not a beginner move , and it will probably make you lose things since the game will detect that some plugins are missing from your load order (as you merge several plugins into a new one)

what I would try is to deactivate (uncheck) the last plugins in your load order (if these are the esl plugins , uncheck the last esp plugins in your load order) , until you have 255 active plugins , and try to run the game

if you don't get the error message , try to load your latest save , and see if you don't get an error of missing plugins

if the game loads normally with no error messages , and works properly you are good to go

if not , please provide whatever information you can , so that we can try to assist you further

You probbly still used v0.63.14 of NMM which didn't support the use of esl files. As a result, those esl files weren't visible in NMM. With the update they appeared which is normal.

Esl files (elder scrolls light as opposed to esm -elder scrolls master- and esp -elder scrolls plugin) were made especially for the release of the Creation Club and aren't counted towards total plugins amount to be able to go over the 255 limit, so, what WastelandAssassin says is wrong. I have now a total of 301 plug-ins (a number which shows in red at the bottom of the NMM interface) but when looking at the bottom of the plugins list on NNM's plugins tab, there's only 253 plugs. The 48 esl plugs I use aren't counted.

If you are getting a message that the game can't launch with the amount of plug-ins you have then you've installed the esp versions instead of the esl versions.

Ah thank you both, I saw the warning sign next to my active plugins list appear and thought it wouldn't work. But I noticed the creation club plugins are in fact the Esl files you mentioned and the game has launched without issue despite the warning sign.
I'll refer back here if I encounter anything but I think it's ok, thank you for the assistance.

Ah thank you both, I saw the warning sign next to my active plugins list appear and thought it wouldn't work. But I noticed the creation club plugins are in fact the Esl files you mentioned and the game has launched without issue despite the warning sign.

I'll refer back here if I encounter anything but I think it's ok, thank you for the assistance.

No problem 0ber0n. Glad everything worked out for you.

Now, make sure you have at least version 0.65.3 of NMM as there was a code error in previous versions that wouldn't let you sort plug-ins manually in NMM when an esl was loaded above an esm. The NMM developers are on GitHUB where you can keep an eye on the latest versions.

Now, make sure you have at least version 0.65.3 of NMM as there was a code error in previous versions that wouldn't let you sort plug-ins manually in NMM when an esl was loaded above an esm. The NMM developers are on GitHUB where you can keep an eye on the latest versions.

Sweet! Thanks Jimmy :smile:

Cheers Mikey ;)

Okay so...I am using the Latest NMM version and I downloaded my first CC item today (a free skin for a pipboy). This has caused an incredibly horrible thing to happen in NMM...I can't move my plugins, at all. I can't move them up or down or anything, meaning I cannot change where things are suppose to go.

If I temporarily delete the CC item, I am able to move my plugins again.

Edited by Elfykins

Okay so...I am using the Latest NMM version and I downloaded my first CC item today (a free skin for a pipboy). This has caused an incredibly horrible thing to happen in NMM...I can't move my plugins, at all. I can't move them up or down or anything, meaning I cannot change where things are suppose to go.

If I temporarily delete the CC item, I am able to move my plugins again.

That means you didn't get the latest version. Try hitting a link when presented with one and, again, get NMM from GitHUB. :wink: