A smart super-mutant faction mod

audiodef

I think it would be super-cool to have an overhaul/faction mod that introduces a super-mutant who wishes to team up with you and create a faction in which there are super-mutants who desire collaboration with humans instead of their genocide.

There are so many ways this could go.

This super-mutant is interested in you for some reason, and such a mod introduces some kind of back story to elaborate on this.

This super-mutant may or may not already have his own following and they are tracking you down to ask for help.

This super-mutant could reach out to you after you have joined a faction and alienated the others. He wishes you to succeed so that afterward, super-mutants and humans wouldn't be so at odds with each other.

It could be a game "extension" whereby this super-mutant reaches out to you only after you have completed the main quest and beaten the other factions. He wants to make real change, including less hostility between super-mutants and humans.

It would be cool if such a mod could also flesh out the super-mutant race by introducing super-mutant women. Seriously, how are they reproducing, here?

OR... this super-mutant is reaching out to you for help because their women are so few that they are in danger of extinction. They are willing to work for collaboration between humans and super-mutants in exchange for your help to prevent their demise as a species.

Of course, not all super-mutants are going to be hip to this idea, so you will continue battling super-mutants. But in some cases, the mod would present you with an option to talk to them instead of instantly escalating into a fight. Sometimes they will listen and sometimes they're just going to tell you to get bent.

When I imagine what FO4 would be like as a reality, I find it difficult to imagine that any given race would consist 100% of members that are hell-bent on the same goal. So this mod would add to the game's immersion.

Edited by audiodef