CTD when going to cell near Ivarstead

listychan

So I'm having a problem where I CTD when heading to the cell east of Ivarstead where you cross the bridge. This doesn't happen when I launch the game through steam but when I launch through SKSE, I always CTD. I have tested this by disabling all my mods and it works. I narrowed down the problem to Alternate Start and I disabled it but I crash when I go back to my old saves. Is there anyway to fix this problem? I'm at a loss of what to do. I have sorted my mod order with LOOT and cleaned my files. I'll greatly appreciate if anyone can offer my any help with this problem

Modlist: https://modwat.ch/u/L1styk/plugins

EDIT: I did some more test and disabled all my plugins and launched through SKSE with MO. It still crashes when I go to that particular cell. I am now not sure what to do since it seems none of my plugins are causing the problem. I have reinstalled my ENB, SKSE, and verified file integrity through steam. Can anyone give me a clue as to what to do?

Edited by listychan

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, an update for anyone googling and trying to find an answer because I have been doing so for a LONG time.

DO NOT, and I repeat, do absolutely not clean your DLCs with SSEEdit. And, although I disabled all my mods, I still crashed near or in Ivarstead and it infuriated me. So I uninstalled everything and checked the integrity of my files through Steam and decided not to clean anything and..Viola! That was the issue.

Not sure why cleaning the DLC masters would cause a CTD in Ivarstead, but it did.

You can make your patches, SSEMerged patch, clean plugins, etc. etc. in SSEEdit with no problems, just don't clean the DLC masters.

Hope this helps anyone having the same issue.

• 7 months later...

Ok, an update for anyone googling and trying to find an answer because I have been doing so for a LONG time.

DO NOT, and I repeat, do absolutely not clean your DLCs with SSEEdit. And, although I disabled all my mods, I still crashed near or in Ivarstead and it infuriated me. So I uninstalled everything and checked the integrity of my files through Steam and decided not to clean anything and..Viola! That was the issue.

Not sure why cleaning the DLC masters would cause a CTD in Ivarstead, but it did.

You can make your patches, SSEMerged patch, clean plugins, etc. etc. in SSEEdit with no problems, just don't clean the DLC masters.

Hope this helps anyone having the same issue.

Thank you!!! I have been pulling my hair out for three days now trying to find a mod that caused me to crash when I enter the cell south/east of Ivarstead, and absolutely nothing seemed to make a difference.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, this was my exact issue I had as well. If I tried to enter any border of the Ivarstead Cell, I would instantly CTD. I thought it was a mod I recently installed. Luckily the replies about the SSEEdit was 100% accurate. I always keep a vanilla install folder as a backup in case something like this goes wrong. Thank you @MysticSong

Have you figured this out yet?

I use a lot of the mods you use as well, but I cannot pinpoint what mod makes me crash near Ivarstead. I'll try disabling Alternate Start as well, as that's one thing I haven't done yet.

Had to post this as it's still relevant in 2019

Followed a modified TUCO guide, did all the steps of cleaning, bash, smash and loot, researched all the compatibility before hand. Finally weeks of testing done, I start my play through and am leading my Dovakin to Ivarstead. Upon entering the zone, immediately CTD. Can't get near the alchemist shack without a CTD, coming in from the other side led to the same problem outside of Ivarstead, only just a little bit later one and only in that area.

Did the usual troubleshooting, uninstalled all my mobs, just vanilla and loaded game, saved, did all the usual hoop jumping. Get to alchemist shop and CTD. A google search landed me here and taking @Mysticsong's advice dropped a copy of my premod up to date DLC patches into the /Data folder, loaded the vanilla only game...no CTD. Loaded the modded save, and still no CTD...roamed the whole area and stable as a rock!

Thanks!

I know it goes against the mantra we've all learned about cleaning up Beth's dirty game but as of this writing, this is the way to go.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

2020 and this is still relevant! Heavy load order, lots of patches and troubleshooting and this was the solution for my CTDs in Ivarstead

Could you please be more specific, I have similar issue and when try bridge approach, Instan CTD, did you found any Mod or Texture causing this issue?