Prestige Classes...

macmert

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Undesireable yes. That's what most work ARROUNDS are. Anyway, it wouldn't be so much of a problem if the spell flight and casting time were 0, You could virtualy create the dummie, cast the spell and destroy the dummy in split seconds. As far as hitting several NPC's goes you could just use an area effect.

Another idea for a workarround I had (since you're using OBSE) you could addenchant to something each NPC owns that would have the desired effect and then remove the enchant after a specific time. Or something in that way. You wouldn't be able to use it on monsters (And stark naked NPC's) though.

Oh well, you'll figure something out. Unless - of course - if your problem isn't realy tied to the fact that you're using a script effect but that you're lovering the speed too much.

The problem was, indeed, that the speed was being drained too much... It looks like speed has even weirder effects than other attributes when it goes below 0. Silly me... :sweat:

I whipped up a script to knock the victim's speed down to 1 for a while, and it's working fine. Except now I need trigonometry again for the next ability... :(

I'm just stealing the necessary trig from Midas Magic for the time being. After that, we'll see what happens.

I never mentioned, but the Speed Drain thing was referring to a caltrop-like ability for the Assassin path.

The next problem on the list is an activator's inability to properly fire at a MiscItem, but I haven't had a lot of time to invest in fixing it. First up is placing one of IHRE's dummy actors on the opposite side. :)

I was encountering bugs with the current power I was working on, throwing an object to distract nearby evils/guards. I've seen similar semi-crippling issues in high-profile mods like Midas Magic and Throwing Stars, so I'm chalking it up to Oblivion having trouble working that way and scrapping it. Here's a full list of the abilities I've thought of and the mod's progress.

Gladiator

-Shove: Touch Power with saving throw. Throw opponents off-balance or send them to the ground. Unstarted.

-Diehard: Togglable. Damages Fatigue while active, and gives a huge Fortify Health effect. If Fatigue gets too low, it deactivates. Unstarted.

-Bash Guard: Touch Power. If the target is attacking, does nothing. If the target is blocking, they sustain a large amount of Fatigue damage. Otherwise, deals damage. Unstarted.

Duelist

-Parry: Touch Power. If the target is in mid-attack, use their own momentum against them to throw them off balance or knock them down. Finished.

-Disarm: Touch Power with saving throw. If the target is off-balance, gives a chance to grab the opponent's weapon. Finished.

Guardian

-Solid Defense: Passive. If the Guardian stands in one place for three seconds, they get a sizable defense bonus until they move. Unstarted.

-Aura of Strength: Passive. Any friends of the Guardian (or people attacking the same target) are empowered when nearby. Unstarted.

Warmage:

-Wildfire: Spell. Other enemies near a victim are liable to burst into flame as well. If there are enough victims, the fire can continue for long periods of time. Unstarted.

-Aion Stones: Spell. Requires consant concentration (Drain Magicka). Enchanted Stones float around the caster's head. If the caster is in combat, they will expend themselves to launch fireballs at anyone attacking the player. Unstarted.

Diviner:

-Enchanted Mists: Power. Any objects (In particular, arrows and spells) that go in one mist come out the other. The caster can place the mists wherever desired. Unstarted.

-Mind's Eye: Power. The Diviner goes into a trance and can wander about the world in spirit form. In this state the diviner is very difficult to see, but can't use magic and is incredibly weak. Unstarted.

-Mark Target: Power, limited duration. A variation on Enchanted Mists. After selecting a target, whatever goes into the mists is delivered straight to the vicitm. Unstarted.

Asassin:

-Vital Strike: Touch Power. If behind the target, produces various negative effects depending on the Asassin's choice of weapon. If the Asassin uses a one-handed blade, the target will bleed health and have weakened endurance for a minute. If the weapon is a one-handed blunt weapon, the target will be mentally crippled for a brief while. If the Assassin doesn't use a weapon, the target is paralyzed. If the Asassin uses a two-handed weapon, the target will be knocked down. Finished.

-Concealment: Passive. If the Asassin hides, remaining perfectly still for ten seconds, they become effectively invsible. Taking any action or moving will reveal the Asassin. Finished.

-Trapmaking: Power. The Asassin embeds a series of two-pointed spikes in the ground, small enough that it's necessary to look carefully for them, far-apart enough to walk through with safety if you know they're there, and large enough to provoke sharp pain and extreme caution in anyone who steps on one. Planting these are, obviously, against the law. Finished.

-Distraction: Power. The Asassin throws an object to distract anybody inclined to examine unexplained thumps. Scrapped.

-Eye Adjustment: Togglable. The Asassin adjusts their eyes to darkness when necessary. Going straight from darkness to bright light with this ability enabled is unadvisable. Finished.

Scout:

-High Jump: Passive. The Scout can jump significantly higher when in a crouching position. Finished.

-Sprint: Togglable. The Scout runs significantly faster, but loses fatigue (how much depends on Endurance and Athletics) when running. Finished.

-Track: Power. The Scout selects a specific target to track. A Map Marker will remain at that target's location at all times. The Scout can only track one target at a time. Finished.

-Farsight: Togglable. The Scout looks far into the distance. The exact range can be controlled, and using this power doesn't prevent the Scout taking other actions. Finished.

Manipulator:

-Helping Hand: Passive. If the Manipulator enters combat, any friends nearby will move to aid. Unstarted.

-Aura of Victory: Passive with saving throw. If someone attacking the Manipulator is killed, other enemies flee. Unstarted.

-Disguise: Power. The Manipulator can blend in with one of a series of factions. Unstarted.

-Just a Second: Dialogue. Friends of the Manipulator will receive limited follow/wait functionality. Unstarted.

Italic powers are designed to "Upgrade" at a certain level. The problem here is that I want to give the player something every five levels, starting at level 10 and ending at level 40. That means 7 "stages", and ideally 3 or more powers to keep it interesting. I'm also missing one "Magic" path. I'm probably going to make it an Elementalist or Illusionist. Any ideas for more powers?

Archived