Mod request: a wall-mounted trophy of Benny's Head.

Voxden

I would like a mod that allows me to craft/buy a wall-mounted trophy of Benny's Head just for the Lucky 38's presidential suite, and made to hang somewhere in the Recreation room. As an added touch, I would like his head to helpfully dispense a pack containing 13 regular 9mm rounds from his mouth for free once a day to encourage you to use with his gun to kill enemies, or just for target practice on his noggin without wasting more valuable ammo(preferably with his own gun). Either way... It's just an idea to help poor Benny not be so useless anymore. :wink:

That's a grisly trophy. Um the nif itself is just the base (very generic) and the presets are what make it Benny. I'm not sure if they (the presets) are a type of morph, but that'd be my uneducated guess. If it was a creature's head you wanted mounted I'd be easy, but I'm not sure how to make those presets apply to a static nif. maybe someone with more experience or knowledge can chime in?

That's a grisly trophy. Um the nif itself is just the base (very generic) and the presets are what make it Benny. I'm not sure if they (the presets) are a type of morph, but that'd be my uneducated guess. If it was a creature's head you wanted mounted I'd be easy, but I'm not sure how to make those presets apply to a static nif. maybe someone with more experience or knowledge can chime in?

well, tbh I think it is possible with the right tools, but I am just going based on the more complex stuff i've seen from the modding community. Also, I think it you are right about the grisly part, but I am trying to role-play my courier as a mad-man with a thing for being petty.... which in this case would make his character perfectly.

• 2 weeks later...

It would be like how you take heads from the Fiend faction bosses for the NCR missions in camp McCarran.

Except after you take the head you could take it to a crafting table or an npc* to taxidermy it and get the finished mounted head.

*One of the Khans? Doc Mitchell?

It would be like how you take heads from the Fiend faction bosses for the NCR missions in camp McCarran.

Notice how none of the three heads have models? That's the issue, how to convert presets to some kind of static model (ideally).

well, tbh I think it is possible with the right tools,

I can't find anything that applies for copying presets to a static model via googling. There might be a way (or tool) to apply a preset to a tri and then export it to a nif which could be a static.....but if it exists its not common knowledge and I can't find any reference to it.

And since no one else has additional info, I'm guessing it's fairly esoteric.

An alternative might just be a living NPC with the same face presets but with setRestrain (and possibly setUnconscious as well as force a pose, ie playIdle, depending on what level of interaction one wants).