BodySlide and Outfit Studio- using it on vortex

wpkaverage

I copied the BodySlide folder with the tool and everything from ModData folder into Data/Tools folder, then did as the gif instructed. No drop downs at all, no armor/clothing or presets. I don't remember this being complicated to set up in old rim/NMM. I got it to partially work then scrub the whole thing due to conflicting mods and for some reason I had to run the program in admin mode outside of Vortex to make it run at all. Please tell me what I'm doing wrong before I pull out anymore of my hair...

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't manually copy anything into the data or any other game directory. Never, regardless what mod manager you use. The only exception is the SKSE and maybe ENBs.

If you can, please revert that. Only install mods and their files (all of them) using the mod manager itself.

In Vortex, installing and enabling a mod will copy all the files into the data directory, including the tools sub-directory.

After the mod has been placed into the game's data directory, you can start the BodySlide tool or whatever you need from there.

If the tool adds or modifies files, Vortex will detect that (if you click "Deploy mods" or whenever it does that by itself) and asks you what to do with these changes. Always use "Save" and press "Commit". That's all there is to do.

For more details check out the wiki:

http://wiki.tesnexus.com/index.php/Category:Vortex

Especially the "External Changes" section might be interesting to you.

Ok, deleted the copy I made of Bodyslide. Everything else I'm aware of and that doesn't help at all. I'm not having any external change issues, no conflicts or anything related to that... so I'm going to try and clear everything up instead of asking questions open to interpretation.

Should EVERYTHING be in the DATA folder, installed mods and all? Because Vortex made a MODDATA folder outside of the Data folder in SSE's folder with all the various component files in it, Bodyslide included. And no this is not the folder containing the original compressed zips and whatnot. these are where Vortex placed the results.

BodySlide is still within the Calliente folder inside of the MODDATA folder, whether it be manually opened or opened via Vortex I do not have any access to the various armor mods that I have installed and that Vortex has placed within. FNIS is the only thing inside of the tools folder of the DATA folder at the moment.

Should EVERYTHING be in the DATA folder, installed mods and all? Because Vortex made a MODDATA folder outside of the Data folder in SSE's folder with all the various component files in it, Bodyslide included. And no this is not the folder containing the original compressed zips and whatnot. these are where Vortex placed the results.

No.

You don't put ANYthing in Data yourself. Especially not Vortex' mod staging directory, that wouldn't work at all. The Mod staging directory has to be OUTSIDE of the game's data directory, it can be anywhere else, but it has to be on the same disk drive.

The only thing that's managing the contents of Data is Vortex itself. And it finds Data automatically as it detects your game.

As soon as you activate CBBE, BodySlide (which is a part of CBBE) will be linked into the Data directory by Vortex. I.e. you should be able to find the BodySlide.exe in Data after you're activated CBBE in Vortex. And then, to configure BodySlide, you have to start it from inside of Data.

Ok so after finding what was essentially a loose thread, a mod plugin not existing in with the rest. I discovered a number of my mods had not installed properly.

After doing all that Bodyslide seems to work now, it loads the armors and bodies... however there are now no textures to any of the models.

The texture files are not where they're supposed to be?

You can force Vortex to recrate all links by clicking on "Deploy mods". If that doesn't help, you can do a "Purge mods" first, which will first remove all links (i.e. the Data directory will be clean after that) and then use "Deploy Mods".

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...