Fallout 3 Achievement Playthrough

Shadyfan4500

I put my Xbox Live account on TrueAchievements a long time ago, and I was looking at it recently and decided I should go back and grab the Fallout 3 achievements I missed. Here they are.

Anyway, I'm not here to ask for help in getting the achievements, per se. What I want help in is making Fallout 3, on Xbox 360, more fun. Mind you, I don't even play the game on PC anymore, with my 50+ mods, because I find the game so boring and dull after years of playing it and after realizing just how bad of an RPG it is most of the time. Also, I know how to get all of the achievements apart from Alien Archivist, but I know I have a guide bookmarked somewhere so it's fine.

Are there any challenges you guys tend to do while playing to mix it up and make this old game much more fun, especially on Console? I haven't booted up this save in so long, I literally have zero idea what equipment I have or where I'm located. Any and all tips would be appreciated. I'm not interesting in cheating, however. I know I can modify the save and give myself 9999 mini nukes and the Experimental MIRV, but I'm not interested in doing that.

oh, and some helpful information regarding my character. Almost all of my characters in these games, before I ever really role-played, had the same SPECIAL Attributes, and in Fallout 3, the first location was always the same. I would always raise Intelligence to 9, 1 point somewhere else (most likely Strength), and then go and grab the Intelligence bobblehead from Rivet City. It's extremely likely that I did that with this character, so I'm probably not able to do any low-intelligence challenges or anything like that.

Interesting. Well, it depends on your idea of fun :-) Once I set up various aspects of my game (mods related to gameplay, graphics, weather, stability and such) I'd say that 99% of fun that I personally get comes from various quest mods, and Nexus has got tons and tons of those. From widely known epic ones, to hidden gems with just a few comments and endorsements. If I know that a quest mod is big then I tend to play only that one quest mod at the time, and if I find several smaller ones I tend to play 2 or 3 simultaneously - it keep me busy and makes things fun. Also, lots of mods have some kind of permanent value even after you finish the main quest, e.g. they contain a weapon or an apparel you get used to, or they make a good and permanent enhancement of the Wasteland in terms of an outpost or a vendor or any kind of an otherwise interesting NPC. It makes the Wasteland an interesting place and reduces boredom to minimum (I especially appreciate it because I play with fast traveling turned off).

In short - quest mods. I can't imagine playing a quest (be it vanilla or from a quest mod) more than once, I'd find it extremely boring. In other words, as long as there are quest mods out there, I'm playing. And whenever I think that my FO3 times are coming to an end, I discover another batch of quest mods...

Thank you for your response, I really appreciate it. That sounds like good advice, and personally I've never really done the whole quest mod thing (I don't really like the quality most of them have, despite being a ton of effort to produce. The one exception might be stuff from Someguy2000, because I've seen it first hand and the writing has impressed me on several occasions. Unfortunately, I also know plenty of spoilers, so...), but you seem to have overlooked a detail in my post. This is on the Xbox.. Modding it isn't possible, in the Nexus sense of the word.

Regardless, I already got the 6 achievements I needed. Turns out I was already stuck on Mothership Zeta, so making the "Wasteland more fun and challenging" was completely irrelevant, since I got all 6 up there.