[Modding] An Exception In The Script

FunkADoonk

[Modding] An Exception In The Script
So I have been trying to mod my game and it went ok at first all of the mods that I wanted where able to install and download. But once I got to some other mods that are almost a must (like The Mod Configuration Menu and progect nevada) it didnt work, it download fine but when I tried to install it a small pop up came up saying "An Exception In The Script" and I was wondering if anyone else is haveing this problem and how to fix it. Any help is apreciated.

I am using the nexus mod manager to download all of my mods by the way. And I have the ultimate edition of FNV (so all of the dlc)
Edited by FunkADoonk

As of 08 May 2018, the Nexus has changed some site security to come into compliance with the new "European Union General Data Protection Regulation" (EU GDPR) rules. This breaks older versions of NMM and is usually reported as being "blocked by the Windows firewall". You will need to update it from this NMM download page. Please see this site news article for details.

Did you install Steam to it's default location? If so, please see the wiki "Installing Games on Windows Vista+" article for why the original default Steam behavior of installing games to the "C:\Program Files" folder tree was bad (they learned better, and don't do that any more); and why "disabling UAC and running as Administrator" is NOT sufficient, with instructions how to move it. This is the single most important thing you can do to fix and protect yourself against problems in the future. As much of a PITA as that is, it's never going to be any easier than now. Please see the 'Restoring to "Vanilla"' section of the wiki "FNV General Mod Use Advice" article as well.

Some mods like "Mod Configuration Manager" (MCM) are "NVSE Plugins". They may not be installed correctly by some mod managers. When that happens, it's simplest to just install them manually according to the instructions on the download page. In general terms, NVSE Plugins go into the "Data\NVSE\Plugins" folder. There is usually an INI file you need to configure as well.

And just for clarification: when you say you have the "Ultimate Edition" (of FNV presumably) that means you have all of the official "DownLoadable Content" (DLCs) and "Pre-Order Packs" (POP); not all the community developed unofficial "mods", of which there are thousands. This distinction is important when discussing problems.

-Dubious-

Thanks dubiousuntent, I meant to put dlc not mods at the end thanks for pointing that out I have changed that. As well as that thanks for the info I am trying to put your suggestions into practice and thanks for the articles.

None of it worked, I have moved steam, re downloaded NMM, re downloaded New vegas, everythign I can think off and I cant find any other fixes for this. Also I cant download some mods without a manger (the mods configuration menu)

Edited by FunkADoonk

"Also I cant download some mods without a manager (the mods configuration menu)". I must be misunderstanding you. You absolutely can download (and "install"; two distinct activities) any mod without a "mod manager". It's called ""manual download". That puts the mod archive file on your local computer (from the web site). A "mod manager" primarily is for "installing" and "uninstalling" a mod package, along with some other functionality. You can manually move/copy a downloaded mod into the "mods" folder (where ever that might be) used by the mod manager, or install the mod into the appropriate sub-folders under the game "Data" folder directly from the downloaded location.

Your statement suggests you need to read into how NMM works a bit more closely. There are several tutorials under the 'Mod Managers' section of the wiki "FNV General Mod Use Advice" article.

Your original problem was "An Exception In The Script" error message in NMM. You can either use FOMM-Fork instead of NMM, or manually install MCM (bypassing the problematic script). (FOMM network login does not work, so: Open FOMM, go to "Settings" and disable (uncheck) the box for "Check for new FOMod Version". This will prevent the login screen in FOMM from showing.) The "MCM" section of the "HUD-UI-Menu issues" wiki article discusses what the FOMOD script is doing so you can do the same thing manually. It'w not as simple and straightforward as the FOMOD script, but it is a way to work around any problem with the script.

We generally try to give people the simplest, most fundamental solutions to their problems first, and more "advanced" / "complicated" solutions later if the simple ones didn't work out.

-Dubious-