Photo

Nexus mod manager updater: could not get version information from the update server

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

Banadan

Banadan

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 422 posts
How do I upgrade my NMM 63.14 to 65.5 without NMM forgetting all of the mods installed for all of my games? Just overwrite the existing files? I once tried to do a version upgrades and NMM "forgot" all of my installed mods, it was a pain...

TheGreatFalro

TheGreatFalro

Old hand

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 621 posts

How do I upgrade my NMM 63.14 to 65.5 without NMM forgetting all of the mods installed for all of my games? Just overwrite the existing files? I once tried to do a version upgrades and NMM "forgot" all of my installed mods, it was a pain...

Just download the update from GitHub and overwrite your existing installation with it.  The only issues with updates was the major update update adding the virtual file system (59 -> 60, I think).

Netromon

Netromon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

I was having the same problem with Fallout 4. Just wanted to confirm that the 0.65.4 version fixed the problem for me as well. Curious as to why the NMM site itself still  has 0.65.2 client for download instead of the newer version. 

ghost283124

ghost283124

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

This sucks, i just built my first gaming PC around 6 months ago and learning how to install/use nexus mod manager took a long time and a extremely agitating amount of dead end troubleshooting.  Now with whatever this Github thing is i'm probably going to have to do a load of uninstalling, deleting, whatever "unzipping" is which I can never get right, moving folders, changing install paths, trying to find the ini file stuff again, etc.  having to redownload tons of mods and pray that my fallout 4 mod saves don't get corrupted and i lose my entire story progress, etc.

What a nightmare, but at the same time though, probably for the best, it's about time new laws and regulations were passed to start more severely punishing websites that distribute users data, hopefully these new laws also show up in the U.S too, even if we have to go through all this again.

But damn, i'm going to hate having to completely re learn how to install mods for fallout 4.  :\

Edited by ghost283124, 28 May 2018 - 03:24 PM.

Chukapu

Chukapu

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi,

I have same problem from Github or Nexus version. I am on 0.65.5

Any idea please ?

harimad

harimad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

I'm feeling a little dumb. NMM is EOL and I forgot there was a new installer, the Vortex one. Is that better?

Edited by harimad, 01 June 2018 - 08:37 PM.

GTPride

GTPride

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

WORKED FOR ME THANKS SO MUCH !!!!! 

ghost283124

ghost283124

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Kind of hoping there will eventually be some sort of tutorial on how to install and use this github version of nexus mod manager, I first learned how to install mods for fallout 4 through the plethora of youtube tutorials on how to use the nexus mod manager and the install paths/folders/etc.  If i just download a new version of NMM from a new source, without knowing what files i have to change or where to download it to or if i have to get a new "unzip" program or whatever other headaches will be required just to be able to download mods again.

Edited by ghost283124, 04 June 2018 - 03:35 PM.

DrakeTheDragon

DrakeTheDragon

Resident poster

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,333 posts

Nothing changed though in that department. You simply download the installer from GitHub the exact same way you initially downloaded the first version of NMM you used, then run it and state the exact same location to install into where your previous version of NMM resides. When everything went through, and you didn't happen to also update across the version where the profile system was first introduced, nothing else will have to be done, all settings, folders and files should still be intact and used right away, just like every (normal) time you updated your NMM before.

Oh, just keep in mind one thing, when you run the NMM "as admin" or with admin privileges before, you'll need to do the same with the installer now, or it might not be able to overwrite the old files.

Stranger

• Account closed
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Thanks! I was getting this error and the download worked.

Page loaded in: 0.731 seconds