Photo

Nexus mod manager updater: could not get version information from the update server

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

Brandoman

Brandoman

Faithful poster

• Premium Member
  • 1,126 posts

So I followed everyone's suggestion to get the latest version from Github and when I go to install it, I end up getting this...

"Unable to execute file:

C:\Program Files\Nexus Mod Manager\NexusClient.exe

CreateProcess failed; code 740.

The requested operation requires elevation.

Any thoughts?  Never used to have these problems with NMM before and it's quite annoying.

Edit: Seems to have installed though.  My exe info shows it's the latest version.  Oh well.  Game on!

DrakeTheDragon

DrakeTheDragon

Resident poster

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,138 posts

For the records, this error usually means your previous install was "run as admin", so your new install will require the same. If it's done without it, chances are not "all" files or folders will be properly updated now.

adetether

adetether

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

thanks for the update, works as expected love you guys :)

soldierboy1812

soldierboy1812

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Get the latest version (0.65.4) from GitHUB and see what gives.

In case you didn't know, the Nexus download servers switched from HTTP to HTTPS under new European laws and older versions of NMM prior to v0.65.0 still use HTTP and can consequently no longer communicate with the Nexus servers.

Thank you so much. I thought i was gonna have to find every trace of NMM from my drives and then reinstall the new one to get it to work. This fixed it in 30 seconds. 

tankslayer367

tankslayer367

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

same issue

dhitchner

dhitchner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

In case you didn't know, the Nexus download servers switched from HTTP to HTTPS under new European laws and older versions of NMM prior to v0.65.0 still use HTTP and can consequently no longer communicate with the Nexus servers.

Worked for me as well.  Thank you!

RIDDICKK77

RIDDICKK77

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Thanks mate it updates normally now.

Page loaded in: 0.664 seconds