Photo

Nexus mod manager updater: could not get version information from the update server

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

Brandoman

Brandoman

Faithful poster

• Premium Member
  • 1,186 posts

So I followed everyone's suggestion to get the latest version from Github and when I go to install it, I end up getting this...

"Unable to execute file:

C:\Program Files\Nexus Mod Manager\NexusClient.exe

CreateProcess failed; code 740.

The requested operation requires elevation.

Any thoughts?  Never used to have these problems with NMM before and it's quite annoying.

Edit: Seems to have installed though.  My exe info shows it's the latest version.  Oh well.  Game on!

DrakeTheDragon

DrakeTheDragon

Resident poster

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,328 posts

For the records, this error usually means your previous install was "run as admin", so your new install will require the same. If it's done without it, chances are not "all" files or folders will be properly updated now.

adetether

adetether

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

thanks for the update, works as expected love you guys :)

soldierboy1812

soldierboy1812

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Get the latest version (0.65.4) from GitHUB and see what gives.

In case you didn't know, the Nexus download servers switched from HTTP to HTTPS under new European laws and older versions of NMM prior to v0.65.0 still use HTTP and can consequently no longer communicate with the Nexus servers.

Thank you so much. I thought i was gonna have to find every trace of NMM from my drives and then reinstall the new one to get it to work. This fixed it in 30 seconds. 

tankslayer367

tankslayer367

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

same issue

dhitchner

dhitchner

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

In case you didn't know, the Nexus download servers switched from HTTP to HTTPS under new European laws and older versions of NMM prior to v0.65.0 still use HTTP and can consequently no longer communicate with the Nexus servers.

Worked for me as well.  Thank you!

RIDDICKK77

RIDDICKK77

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Thanks mate it updates normally now.

CafeSpy

CafeSpy

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I did download on git hub and got the same msg

Javik12

Javik12

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Kind of hoping there will eventually be some sort of tutorial on how to install and use this github version of nexus mod manager, I first learned how to install mods for fallout 4 through the plethora of youtube tutorials on how to use the nexus mod manager and the install paths/folders/etc.  If i just download a new version of NMM from a new source, without knowing what files i have to change or where to download it to or if i have to get a new "unzip" program or whatever other headaches will be required just to be able to download mods again.

how do you find the installer on GitHub?????

DrakeTheDragon

DrakeTheDragon

Resident poster

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,328 posts

Kind of hoping there will eventually be some sort of tutorial on how to install and use this github version of nexus mod manager, I first learned how to install mods for fallout 4 through the plethora of youtube tutorials on how to use the nexus mod manager and the install paths/folders/etc.  If i just download a new version of NMM from a new source, without knowing what files i have to change or where to download it to or if i have to get a new "unzip" program or whatever other headaches will be required just to be able to download mods again.

how do you find the installer on GitHub?????

You follow the link posted and quoted in here a couple dozen times: https://github.com/N...anager/releases

Then the installer would be the ".exe" file linked right at the top of each release.

And as for how it's installed, or what's required... How did you install your first version of the Nexus Mod Manager, when you hadn't used it ever before? It's still done exactly the same way. And every tutorial you read before still applies now, too... unless, of course, it was already out-of-date after a past release.

You just install the new version over your existing one (do not uninstall!) and all settings and mods should transfer, or at least I have yet to encounter a case where it didn't work that way... provided your version jump won't go past the profile-feature introduction phase of years ago, that is.

Page loaded in: 0.701 seconds