[Modding starter pack]Making a weapon mod for Fallout 4

Hey everyone :smile:

if u don't mind let me introduce my self , im lynx9810 ... im actually an animator too , but im still at a very basic animator i learn animating from a video on youtube or you could say self-taught and don't have much contact with other animator in Nexus to learning too ...

i'll straight to the point , first im sorry if my english and grammar .etc is bad

but im here to learn how to make a weapon mod for Fallout 4 :smile:

you know i love modding , i really hope that one day my mod will be in MxR mods Video i really hope someday :smile:

and actually character preset stuff like that is actually not my type , u guys can check my animation on my Youtube Channel if you interesting Here

That's all you need to know about me guys :smile: i reallly looking for works with you all ...

please give me what your thought

im using 3DS Max 2014 ... so if someone use the same program like me that would be really nice ... just give me the hands rig , so i can start animating but yeahh before that , i want to learn how to export the gun from Fallout 4 first ... i want to learn everything so i can makes my own weapon MODS in the future ...
That's all guys Thanks !

Regards,

Lynx9810 , 5/14/2018

Edited by lynx9810

You'll need this guide. It contains a PDF with information about importing animations. It also comes with max scenes for various max versions with CAT and biped rigs for both 1st and 3rd person, as well as a set of tools to convert vanilla animations to fbx so you can import into max.

It needs to be between max 13 and 15, because only those support the tool for exporting the correct version of havok anims, so 14 is just fine. If by export you mean importing fo4 assets for animating in max, you just need a nif plugin for max to load the models. You'll find the models inside "Fallout4 - Meshes.ba2". You can use something like this for extracting.