I want to KILL my HORSE!!!

mensch8maschine

just buy a new horse and itll be non essential if that doesnt work to a complete uninstall and delete all the folders in the skyrim folder and reinstall that should put it back to normal oh and if you dont want to do that find the folder that contained the better horses and delete that that might be a better option

If you want to permanently remove your essential horse, open the console, click on it, and type disable......if you accidentally disable something you didn't, then type enable before you select another item....the closer you are to the horse, the easier it is to select it since it no longer list the name of the object your clicking on like oblivion did with npc's....hope that helps...

If you want to permanently remove your essential horse, open the console, click on it, and type disable......if you accidentally disable something you didn't, then type enable before you select another item....the closer you are to the horse, the easier it is to select it since it no longer list the name of the object your clicking on like oblivion did with npc's....hope that helps...

that sounds interesting... did i understand correctly, by "disabling" the horse, does it vanish completely from the game or just stand around doing nothing?

AND, do all the horses that look like it vanish too (its the beige-white one), or just the horse that i own?

how about making it nonessential and killing it?

The next horse you ride should be "your" horse. I had better horses too..until yesterday when I updated to the latest UFO. Did you go through the UFO update instructions exactly? My horse from Better horses (bought in riften) became my horse for UFO.

So, another workaround that might help you...

I had stopped uploading UFO at 1 c, because I discovered that I could not get his horses to work on the next few updates, and after 1c,Better Horses wouldn't work either.

SO until yesterday I was using UFO1c

Better horses

AND

Mounted Followers.

This worked great except for the scolding BOSS gave me whenever I ran it.

The only reason I changed this yesterday is because I really like UFO and I wanted to see if I could make it work.

Just a note, if you do try to backtrack on UFO, you will probably need to go through his whole Tina the Firefly uninstall and then do the old installation.

Hope it helps, I read my first post and it sounded kinda snotty, sorry my stomach hurts. :-( Good luck to you!

hm, right now i cant even find the damn thing....

tried buying a new horse at Whiterun stables instead (i hoped my horse got killed after all), but the guy told me he has none to spare and that he already sold me one. so i guess that damn horse is out there somewhere!

i also found a STEAL + "My Horse" in that stable, a leftover form "Horse Branding", which i removed a loong time ago. Man, some of these mods, if your not careful, they really leave a lot of junk in your game.

if i disable a horse (should i find it), will new horses spawn at the stables?

PS: oh and your post didnt sound snotty ;)

Edited by mensch8maschine

I have never tried to disable a horse. I've accidentally killed horses(damn that gravity thing!) , and the stables stayed empty. Is there a stable that you have not used to purchase a horse?

I think you are right about some of those horse mods leaving artifacts. I still have horses from horses for followers showing up. And I just had that loaded for about 2 seconds before I uninstalled.