I want to KILL my HORSE!!!

mensch8maschine

OMG I am such an idiot.

I just realized that I DIDN'T uninstall better horses. I'm sorry I had a stomach flu yesterday, fever, etc. Not thinking clearly, should have stayed in my hole.

So looking back, I am wondering what your conflict was between better horses and UFO. I have no problem with my horse, but I do find if my follower falls behind (as he does, the lazy b*^**^rd ) and I dismount, he dismounts wherever he is and runs up to me and then we have to go back to find his horse. Horses for followers attaches the follower horse to your horse, which avoids this problem, although I would end up with the horse having left my follower, and then have to wait for him to catch up.

I have also found that if a better horse is not made essential, and then killed, it wont respawn, however, when I at one point completely uninstalled better horses and then reinstalled it, new horses appeared at all of the stables. I wonder if you could try doing that, just to get the horses back, and then uninstall.

they stables staying empty thing sounds like a respawn error.....I just suggested disabling because its a nice and clean way to remove unwanted items from the game, it doesn't disable the base object, just the specific reference. Its mainly a debugging tool

setessential requires the npc's special base code to work, back in older bethesda games, you could just use setrefessential which meant that it worked on your current selection, so you didn't need to go through the trouble of finding the base code...

Better horses has a specific uninstall program. I forgot about that till I reread the book today. You can find it on the mod download page. Click on "downloads" and scroll to the very bottom. The mod notes that without that there are very likely to be artifacts and other issues. Maybe you already did this?

• 2 weeks later...

so much input, where to start!!

ok, so this is what i did:

First i used "Better Horses". Then I removed it using the "uninstaller".

Then I got "Convenient Horses". much more elegant, and it "spawns" ONE horse for ONE follower which worked great (!) and seemed smarter than "parking" horses for followers in stables - i dont know about you guys, but i constantly lost those while exploring!

then i added UFO, for the second time (following all the install instructions to the letter ;) )

result: all the cool CH stuff for MY horse still works, but instead of spawning horses for my multiple followers (as i had hoped) the spawn horse is now gone. and i'm still losing the "parked" UFO horses... yeah i know, the UFO horses have to be handled a certain way, i guess i sometimes simply forget while fasttraveling and POOF they run away!

so i guess my questions are:

1) which mod GUARANTEES me follower horses for ALL my followers ALL THE TIME that dont run away and are always there as soon as i mount my horse?

2) (getting back to the "horse killing" ;) ) I found my lost Frost - UNMOUNTABLE - somewhere in the wilderness, fighting bears...

he's unmountable bc i had to remove "Better Horses uninstaller" to make room for CH. i dont want to touch CH anymore, SO: how exactly can i make him MY horse again?

Edited by mensch8maschine

• 5 years later...
  • 2 years later...