A truly righteous pistol idea

Pyroy

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow this sounds pretty awesome ... which is mostly about customizing the projectile ?

I've got a mod I'm scratching my head about how to have a mind control weapon long range.

And adjusting the the mesmatron projectile seemed good Idea ... but how it gets bigger and what actually is the size of the collision plane by the time the projectile hit it's target ... how is that controlled ?

And could it render in a scope.nif ?

Sorry to derail OP ...

Wow this sounds pretty awesome ... which is mostly about customizing the projectile ?

I've got a mod I'm scratching my head about how to have a mind control weapon long range.

And adjusting the the mesmatron projectile seemed good Idea ... but how it gets bigger and what actually is the size of the collision plane by the time the projectile hit it's target ... how is that controlled ?

Sorry to derail OP ...

Oh dude no problem. It's not a major derailment and your mod sounds interesting. As an added suggestion, maybe you should make it alien tech since aliens and mind control go together quite well.

Also, is the collision plane the blast radius? Noob question probably but I had to ask.

Sorry to derail OP ...

Oh dude no problem. It's not a major derailment and your mod sounds interesting. As an added suggestion, maybe you should make it alien tech since aliens and mind control go together quite well.

Also, is the collision plane the blast radius? Noob question probably but I had to ask.

Well thanks for letting me intrude. But no the projectile is not part of a blast radius ... that is an explosion placed at the point of impact. Which if you look at a projectile , is just an option.

I'm talking about what travels through the world space and strikes other collision planes.

And with the mesmatron projectile ... it looks like it gets bigger in the forward path. But of course I could be wrong and that is just for show.

It seems it is something similar to the shot gun projectile having many ... but it spreads out. IDK ... just using the seems to me method here.

Devon knows his shiot from what I have observed in the forums.

My vision is to be able to pick a unit from scope distance ... and hit them for sure ... giving them an AI package. I guess within user error and distance variables.

That does sound like an awesome mod idea, however in regards to the mesmotron projectile, I think you're just incorrect and it's just for show. I don't think there's any multi-expansions or what not Good observation though.

Super quick post, I'll try to include some actual detail when I have some free time to burn

oh, ok. This is easy, just a change in the color of the material, can be done in Nifskope.

Alas I wish that were the case but we're talking vertex coloring for the effect so it's a lot of tedious data entry. Looks like somewhere between 50 and a 100 entries with three values each (all entered by hand). blender has some vertex color tools, but I'v never used them and the nif wouldn't survive in any usable form after exporting from blender.

So I'm not too sure how much I'll do for the purple color beyond changing the texture....we'll see how much is required and how much free time I have.

but how it gets bigger

the mesmetron ring (but the ring isn't the projectile per se, just cosmetic) oscillates from about 50% to full diameter. This pic should illustrate it's full size and smallest diameter;

1320939-1526761891.jpg

and a vid if needed;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEDpMC9eWGY&feature=youtu.be

Primarily for the ring like effect. ideally a public domain model of the raygun would be a powerful addition to the mod.

and what actually is the size of the collision plane by the time the projectile hit it's target ... how is that controlled ?

In re: to your question Mktavish, I don't know for sure, I'm learning as I go. The refraction nodes are purely cosmetic (and thus are the "rings"). There is a triStrip shape but no col group info or BSX that I noticed glancing at the nif. It is classified as a missile.

Might as well port the full mesmetron since most of the work is already done. There is one on nexus but it's seriously defunct (no world model, no memsmetron effect etc).

the mesmetron ring (but the ring isn't the projectile per se, just cosmetic) oscillates from about 50% to full diameter. This pic should illustrate it's full size and smallest diameter;

and what actually is the size of the collision plane by the time the projectile hit it's target ... how is that controlled ?

In re: to your question Mktavish, I don't know for sure, I'm learning as I go. The refraction nodes are purely cosmetic (and thus are the "rings"). There is a triStrip shape but no col group info or BSX that I noticed glancing at the nif. It is classified as a missile.

Might as well port the full mesmetron since most of the work is already done. There is one on nexus but it's seriously defunct (no world model, no memsmetron effect etc).

Thanks for the info and the vid post , that cleared it up :smile: But actually no need to port it since my mod is just based on the Fallout3.esm , nothing else.

And in fact won't work with any other mods :ohmy: :devil: ... It's an RTS wana be hybrid kinda thing ... with this engine , and those basic assets.

This gun will be a tool of one of the races to control troops.

So I guess what matters the most , is how it looks from the shooters perspective. And was just trying to avoid using the laser beam :ermm:

I know your pain. I had to do the same thing for this mod

https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/64678

Looks good :thumbsup:

Thanks for the info and the vid post , that cleared it up :smile: But actually no need to port it since my mod is just based on the Fallout3.esm

The port of the mesmetron isn't in reference to your request per se, it's for everyone/anyone to enjoy a blast from the past.

This gun will be a tool of one of the races to control troops.

So I guess what matters the most , is how it looks from the shooters perspective. And was just trying to avoid using the laser beam :ermm:

I think the mesmetron projectile is intact in the geck. There's also the sonic attack from the robodogs of OWB as YanL suggested, the lakelurk projectile or the robobrain's. There is Euclid's orbital laser if you want a large area of effect. Anyway shold be a few there for you to choose from.

I think the mesmetron projectile is intact in the geck. There's also the sonic attack from the robodogs of OWB as YanL suggested, the lakelurk projectile or the robobrain's. There is Euclid's orbital laser if you want a large area of effect. Anyway shold be a few there for you to choose from.

Which reminds me, I was going to ask if there were any subtle differences between those projectiles or if they're all the same thing. Also, how's my mod coming along? :thumbsup: I was curious to hear about the progress, and I'm sure you have a busy schedule like myself, so it's all good. I just had to ask.