A truly righteous pistol idea

Pyroy

Which reminds me, I was going to ask if there were any subtle differences between those projectiles or if they're all the same thing.

I don't recall, check them out and tell me if they are different and if you have a preference one way or the other. The more footwork you can do on your own, the more time I can devote to the arcane aspects of the nif(s).

Also, how's my mod coming along? :thumbsup: I was curious to hear about the progress, and I'm sure you have a busy schedule like myself, so it's all good. I just had to ask.

I scaled the only niStrips in the nif to 10% diameter and it had no effect, it was the same diameter in game as the vanilla mesmetron projectile.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The mesmetron projectile would be my favorite, if I had to say. Again, you know what to do. Two ALT pistols found, let's say in the Goodsprings gas station, and adjust the size and all of both projectiles, blue and purple. Can you maybe show me the purple projectile if it's not too much trouble at the moment? I'll be patient don't worry. I did some foot work, as much as I could without the GECK or good equipment. I used to have the GECK but right now my PC won't let it do it's job, and it wasn't exactly an easy program to install in the first place which doesn't help with the complications.

So the pic you posted on post #6 is the vanilla mesmatron projectile which is oscillating between 50 & 100 game units in ring size. And limited to about 60ft range (1250 game units) , traveling nearly that distance in 1 sec governed by the speed setting of 1000.

So if I were to increase the range to the 10000 units max of most missile projectiles , but leave the speed setting , it would take 10 sec to travel that distance ? And with the fade setting of .5 , it is leaving a trail of rings about 500 units (25ish feet) behind the leading ring ? But of course they don't all render at the same intensity at one time.

And I guess actually I would want to triple both the speed and fade duration for how it looks. Traveling the max distance in 3.5 secs leaving a trail of rings about 75 ft.

I did some foot work, as much as I could without the GECK or good equipment. I used to have the GECK but right now my PC won't let it do it's job, and it wasn't exactly an easy program to install in the first place which doesn't help with the complications.

But you are able to run the game ? Cuz the geck should use less hardware assets than the game ... at least just for poking around. It does get a bit process intensive when opening up the navmesh editor depending on how far out you are panned though.

You are not trying to launch the geck with your whole load order you play the game with are you ?

Cuz it would definitely choke on that. Or if your disk space is low , that would be a problem also. The install was pretty easy in my recollection ... atleast just to run the vanilla version. I guess it is a little tricky with GPU , NVSE & JIP. But don't need those just to poke around at the vanilla content and any mod that only relys on the vanilla functions.

I did some foot work, as much as I could without the GECK or good equipment. I used to have the GECK but right now my PC won't let it do it's job, and it wasn't exactly an easy program to install in the first place which doesn't help with the complications.

But you are able to run the game ? Cuz the geck should use less hardware assets than the game ... at least just for poking around. It does get a bit process intensive when opening up the navmesh editor depending on how far out you are panned though.

You are not trying to launch the geck with your whole load order you play the game with are you ?

Cuz it would definitely choke on that. Or if your disk space is low , that would be a problem also. The install was pretty easy in my recollection ... atleast just to run the vanilla version. I guess it is a little tricky with GPU , NVSE & JIP. But don't need those just to poke around at the vanilla content and any mod that only relys on the vanilla functions.

No, I'm saying I can't run GECK period. I'm always missing dlls and although last time I was able to run it, about a year or half a year ago, these days I can't. They make the installation far, FAR to demanding and I hate running around online trying to find files that should already be with the GECK in the first place.

The footwork I mentioned wasn't in reference to the geck, it's why I quoted this portion your message (in case the context wasn't clear);

Which reminds me, I was going to ask if there were any subtle differences between those projectiles or if they're all the same thing.

It's important you do the footwork on studying the different projectiles for two reasons.

1. You may have a personal preference for one or the other, and of course that is subjective (ie. I can't guess which you'll like better).

2. Since I haven't found a way to scale the mesmetron projectile (see my previous post) it becomes even more imperative that you choose another option, because baring that or someone bestowing upon us some additional info we are at a roadblock.

So the pic you posted on post #6 is the vanilla mesmatron projectile which is oscillating between 50 & 100 game units in ring size.

50% to 100% diameter on the rings. I think 128 game units in the geck are roughly the height of 1 human, just eyeballing it I'd say maybe 2 feet diameter cyclinder, say 40 units.

And I guess actually I would want to triple both the speed and fade duration for how it looks. Traveling the max distance in 3.5 secs leaving a trail of rings about 75 ft.

the addon node trail will also affect the cosmetic/visual aspects. Take a look at the mps nif.

the addon node trail will also affect the cosmetic/visual aspects. Take a look at the mps nif.

If I can't look at it in Geck or Game ... err sometimes FNV edit. But other than looking at content in the file , and checking the flags. I don't know much about that tool. How to inject with it. My fortee is the geck.

And that is limited of course.

Sorry no niffies for me :geek:

"It's important you do the footwork on studying the different projectiles for two reasons.
1. You may have a personal preference for one or the other, and of course that is subjective (ie. I can't guess which you'll like better).
2. Since I haven't found a way to scale the mesmetron projectile (see my previous post) it becomes even more imperative that you choose another option, because baring that or someone bestowing upon us some additional info we are at a roadblock."

Again, not exactly easy when you have no viable way of viewing each projectile, and for all we know they can all be the same. For simplicity, I suggested the mesmetron projectile.

Again, not exactly easy when you have no viable way of viewing each projectile, and for all we know they can all be the same. For simplicity, I suggested the mesmetron projectile.

Your killing me smalls. For the third time (not mad, just emphasizing we've covered this ground already);

2. Since I haven't found a way to scale the mesmetron projectile (see my previous post) it becomes even more imperative that you choose another option, because baring that or someone bestowing upon us some additional info we are at a roadblock.

Translation: we are at an impasse unless someone bestows upon us some additional knowledge. We either try a new projectile or the project is at a standstill.

In addition you don't need to have the geck to check out other projectiles. B*tch slap a robobrain or mirelurk king and I'm sure they'll be happy to show you their projectiles up close and personal. Or check out youtube.