Changing leather armor appearance - HELP please

AfriCanuckinOz

Hi,

I am trying to figure out a way to change the in-game appearance of a leather armor variant to a added mod.

Example:

I want to have Battledress of the Provacateur look like the Vael armor (from Kirkwall imports I believe).

I have tried using the Toolset - which does alter the appearance, but also changes the name to Vael family Armor, which I don't want.

Any suggestions?

Another project is to alter ALL the (hideous looking) leather armour models to those of the Witcher 2 models.

Again, any suggestions to change the base model appearance, so that ALL armors across the game changes look? I am basically trying to affect widespread changes, rather than having to change the .uit file of every person in the game (like Improved Atmosphere does).

Thanks for help and suggestions

Is the Vael armor a three piece set or one unibody item (i.e, clothing)? If the latter I'm not sure how you'd approach your project.

For straight swaps, though, I recommend reviewing LemmingoftheGDA's tutorial on editing UTI files; that covers the basics. (You may have to hunt around for the various utilities if any of them were hosted on BSN projects.)

Thanks!

That looks like a great tutorial. Will review tonight. I have all those utilities.

The Vael btw is unibody, which makes the transfer easier imo, as I don't have to worry about matching boots, gloves, etc.

But I'd like to retain the original name (otherwise I might as well just add with the Console).

Maybe that tutorial will help me figure out the bigger issue, which is how to make ALL leather armor models look less gladiatorial, and more medieval (like the fantastic Witcher gear)

Thanks for the very useful referral

Edited by saboikie

OK, so I have run into an unexpected problem!

Seems both the "unique light armors" mod from tmp7704 and the "W2DAO" mod use a new armor model that replaces the felon's coat model from the base game.

But I can not figure out why they conflict...

What I get is that the Selkirk's model from W2DAO gets overwritten by ULA, but for no reason I can fathom using the tools (TlkEdit, GDApp, GFF)

Strange.

The model variation of one is 23, and the other (that cancels it out) is 184. Both base item is 9.

Any ideas why this happens?

I also find that another armor (Vran's, model variation 20) gets over written by a basic leather set! Why?