As the title said, I was wondering how to make an aura which would reanimate nearby corpses around you. A friend ask me if I would be able to create it, but since my knowledge of creating mods are limited, I hoped a more skilled modder could helped me. By the way, it will be used in a future update for my mod.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Klogus2222

i can give you only one or two hint's how to start.

take a look at the firecloak-spell and magic-effect

take a look at one reanimation-spell and magic-effect

and take all you need from both for your reanimation-aura-spell and magic-effect.

if you want more than one undead reanimation at the same time take a look at the reanimation-doomstone-perk thatallows you to raise up 100 undead in the same time.

i'll hope it helps to getting even start.^^

Just one question before I start: Self, Contact, Aimed, Target Actor or T. Location ?

Edit: Ok, I manage to do pretty close of what I want, but the reanimation only happen when I cast the spell, if i move and come close to an other corpse, it wont come back to life.

Btw, what do you mean by "reanimation-doomstone-perk" i dont see anything close to this in the creation kit. :/

Edited by Klogus2222

• 4 weeks later...

You can modify your commanded actor limit via creating a custom perk which you can apply it with your spell, and it removes when the spell is over. That way you can reanimate additional targets. To get an effect going that basically turns you into a pinball of reanimation like what you seem to be describing, I imagine it would be more effective to write a custom script that applies your reanimation effect to valid actors within range while you move that way you cast once and say have a duration for a couple minutes you can run through a field of bodies and raise them. With a script you could also have the reanimation effect be housed under a different magic effect, so that the duration for the reanimation of an actor can last longer than your reanimation cloak.

As far as helping with a potential script your best bet is to check out www.creationkit.com and look at the papyrus tutorials.

Goodluck.