Happy alternate endings for Glarthir and/or Hirrus Clutumnus quests?

bateman20

[some quest spoilers]

âParanoiaâ is an intriguing quest, but no matter which options you choose, the result is sad. âFinal Restingâ is memorable, with great moments of black humor balanced with some very somber themes, but the ending is depressing for anyone, and I doubt Iâm the only person who felt some of it (particularly the notes found in his house) came a little too close to home.

The quests add depth to the game, but sometimes itâs nicer to have happy endings when youâre playing a game for escapism and fun. I wish I knew how to code quests!

Maybe Glarthir could be arrested once his plot is discovered, and the player is approached by a guard, who thanks them and says Glarthir has been sent to the Arcane University for a spell or a potion to ease his fears? Or maybe the player could just convince him that no one is out to get him. Perhaps afterwards, Bernadette could say heâs made friends with her, and heâs still odd, but not so paranoid now that he has a friend he can trust.

For Hirrus, maybe he narrowly survives the playerâs attempt to kill him, and says the near-death experience has made him rethink his perspective. (Many people who survive things like jumping off a bridge say they realized as they were falling that they didnât want to die.) Perhaps the player could bring him some felldew, and a second Chalice of Reversal - or perhaps a lesser version, the Tankard of Reversal - hidden somewhere for the player to find. (Thereâs promising evidence that psilocybe mushrooms could be an effective treatment for depression.) Or, despite bending the lore, maybe he could move to Mania, where he would feel brighter and more alive.

Or something else!

It doesn't seem very complicated to do. Learn the bases of scripting and you should be able to do it on your own.

Dude, you commented the same thing on my last post too, and you've said the same thing on a bunch of other people's posts, too. I understand thinking it's silly of me not to make a simple armor edit in CS, but "learn the bases of scripting"? Really? It seems like game modding is something you put a lot of time and energy into, but not all of us have the time to sit down and learn how to script, or maybe we'd rather dedicate that time to a different hobby. I play the violin, you make big booby armor mods. Tomato, tomahto.

Leaving comments on people's mod requests telling them they should just do it themselves is not constructive. If we thought it was a piece of cake to do it ourselves, we wouldn't be posting on Mod Requests forum in the first place. If you see a request you think is lazy, you're free to ignore it. Instead you choose to leave condescending, pointless comments just like this. I don't get it.

Edited by bateman20

As you can see in a pinned topic you nearly don't have any chance anyone fulfills your request whether you emit it because you're busy or lazy and I have other cats to whip.

If you really can't/don't want to create this mod yourself you should better scrap this idea away.

As you can see in a pinned topic you nearly don't have any chance anyone fulfills your request whether you emit it because you're busy or lazy and I have other cats to whip.

ÃÃÂ

If you really can't/don't want to create this mod yourself you should better scrap this idea away.

I'm under no delusion that I'm entitled to other people making mods for me, and I realize that the chances are slim. I've never implied anything to the contrary. However, if you're so angered by the idea of people not always making their own mods, I question why you visit a Mod Requests forum in the first place.

You're taking things awfully seriously considering we're talking about video game mods. Posting requests is not hurting anyone, and it would take less time and effort on your part to ignore them than to leave comments saying I'm stupid and lazy for posting mod requests on a forum specifically dedicated to mod requests. If you can't be helpful or polite, don't say anything at all. Have fun whipping those cats.

Edited by bateman20

"I have other cats to whip" is a french expression meaning "I have other things to do".

There's nothing agressive in it.

I don't insinuate you're lazy, I just mention it's a possibility since nothing proves nor disproves you don't have enough time to mod.

I'm not against those who post requests in this forum. Of course I'm not going to post a long tutorial if I'm not sure the topic author is ready to apply it.