LOOT Groups

Tannin42

Update:

Despite the issues I've having, I was able to use the groups and a couple small tweaks to my rules to get a good load order again. The issue with Unbound being last in my load order no matter what group or rule I put in place is still an issue... unless loot is doing that on purpose behind the scenes. It's not causing me any problems fortunately, but it would be nice to know if this is a bug or if this is on purpose. Prior to the update, it was putting unbound near the middle of my load order. If there is something stopping me from doing something stupid, that's kinda cool, but could be a problem if loot doesn't stay up to date with current mod author recommendations.

• 3 weeks later...

I moved all my patches to the Dynamic Group but now, Scrap Everything is not longer at the bottom of my Plugins ( before moving all my patches to that group, Vortex was automatically sorting Scrap Everything at the bottom … ) …. I am afraid that while in game, if Scrap Everything is no longer at the bottom ( as Vortex did and as it is supposed to be ), this mod will not properly work anymore.

So, I need to be able to move Scrap Everything Group below the Dynamic Group …, however, Master .esp groups cannot be moved as far as I know. So, the other way around will be to create a new group, let' say, called : Bottom of the Pile ( for the heck … ) and move Scrap Everything plugin to that group, but when I tried to create a new group below - beside - the Dynamic Group, Vortex created it on the top of the Default …. thanks God I was able to delete the new group because that is not what I wanted … so at this point what I want is : move Scrap Everything below the Dynamic Patch ( where all my patches are ) and also, put all my weapon plugins in one group all together ( as it should be I guess ). As far as I know, weapons need to be on the bottom but above patches ( … if I am wrong, please correct me ….) …. should I move all my weapons to Alternate Start Group which is located above the Dynamic Patch ?

Please advise and provide me with some tips if you do not mind. I tried to drag lines but I could not … not in the way I wanted ( I wanted to drag and move Scrap Everything group by dragging the line to "below" Dynamic Group but I was not able ). I am almost there I guess but I need some help. Here are my screen shots :

> … because I tried to drag the line from Scrap Everything to Dynamic Group, now that line turned to "orange" color … is this a problem ?

> … as you can see, all my patches are together in the Dynamic Group but Scrap Everything is not longer at the bottom ( as it was before … ) so, I would like to move Scrap Everything plugin below all those patches …… and ( if I am correct ), select all my weapons and move them above all patches. As far as I know, Armor and weapons should be at the bottom but above patches which are the last except for those mods that are required to be at the bottom like Scrap Everything. Again, if I am wrong, please let me know so I am here to learn.

Thanks

An orange line just means that you can delete that line. What you want to do, to get "scrap everything" to load is drag an arrow from dynamic patches to scrap everything and then delete the arrow from srcap everything to lighting.

The arrows should read as "then", so you currently have "default" then "scrap everything" then "lighting" then "alternate start" then "dynamic patches". This of course leads to scrap everything load before dynamic patches.

HOWEVER: Considering the loot masterlist already contains rules for scrap everything I'm having a hard time believing that this change is necessary. It would appear to me that someone who knows the mod has already provided working load order rules and I don't see why a mod like scrap everything would need to be loaded after dynamic patches. My guess is that the actual mistake is that you've added files to dynamic patches that don't belong there.

An orange line just means that you can delete that line. What you want to do, to get "scrap everything" to load is drag an arrow from dynamic patches to scrap everything and then delete the arrow from srcap everything to lighting.

The arrows should read as "then", so you currently have "default" then "scrap everything" then "lighting" then "alternate start" then "dynamic patches". This of course leads to scrap everything load before dynamic patches.

HOWEVER: Considering the loot masterlist already contains rules for scrap everything I'm having a hard time believing that this change is necessary. It would appear to me that someone who knows the mod has already provided working load order rules and I don't see why a mod like scrap everything would need to be loaded after dynamic patches. My guess is that the actual mistake is that you've added files to dynamic patches that don't belong there.

Thanks Tannin …. no, I will not make the change. I do trust about what you said about LOOT … no wonder why Scrap Everything is being displayed ( in the Graphic ) before Dynamic Patches and by the way, I do not have any files added to my patches from Scrap Everything. This mod Scrap Everything is untouchable, at least for me.

How about weapons Tannin ? Would you please answer if you can ? Do weapons should stay in the default group or where Alternate Start is ( I do not have that mod though … ) ? By the way, I do not have any trouble with weapons, but I just wanted to know.

Thanks … :laugh:

P.S. Also, after I posted my questions, I tried Scrap Everything in-game and it is working as it should, so, what you said about this mod + what I tested it = no more in the bottom of the list …. as it has been advised before !

I think this system is a nice improvement over the old one. It will take me a little tweaking to get things back where I want them but going forward it will be much simpler to keep my plugins organized and sorted properly.

• 2 weeks later...

My only experience with this has been a long line of "Cyclic rules" with nonsensical feedback. A > B > C > D, but then error as apparently that translates to A > C > A.

Either, it's doing something other than implicitly instructed, or the UI is not giving all the info (with undeleted chain links, for example).

I'd vote to wind back what feels like a really unwanted and unwarranted design choice. Until then, having to manually sort with Bash, which is less than optimal.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

If I made my grouping like the image below does it mean that vortex would wait finish loading both Outfit and Appearance first before heading to Better Settlers? Or it will immediately proceed to better settlers which ever finishes first?

Â

Also I also read in the op that making multiple links could mean that mods load before, after, or mix. Does this mean it will override the load order? Like even if it says 1,2,3 it could load 1 then 2 and 3 together?

Edited by casterlyrockn

If I made my grouping like the image below does it mean that vortex would wait finish loading both Outfit and Appearance first before heading to Better Settlers? Or it will immediately proceed to better settlers which ever finishes first?

Â

attachicon.gif Capture.PNG

Also I also read in the op that making multiple links could mean that mods load before, after, or mix. Does this mean it will override the load order? Like even if it says 1,2,3 it could load 1 then 2 and 3 together?

attachicon.gif DABFEE45-D108-43E4-B5D5-14E7F9467C3C.jpeg

Maybe you should read the Load Order Section of the Knowledge Base built into Vortex.

Under A "About Load Orders"

Under M "Managing your load order"