Mods Install Issue: "An Exception Occurred in the script."

Sorry to hear that fix didn't work for you. While I don't have any other information related specifically to NMM, let me make some suggestions to help you find a solution.

* If you did move NMM (and Steam) out of the default location, then likely any access privilege problem is one of "File and Folder permissions" on the parent "root" folder under which you installed the games. If this is not set correctly to allow at least "System", "Administrators", and "Users" to have "Full Control" then you can't overwrite other files or make changes. You then need to enable the "Properties | Security | Advanced | Change Permissions" setting of the parent folder to enable the box: "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object", so those changes get applied to the existing files and sub-folders.

(I suspect this is the most likely continued cause of your problem. I don't see any other similar recent reports when I look at "Issues" related to "bug reports" referred to in the next bullet point.)

* Once you have confirmed it is not a "permissions" issue, make a "bug report" to the people maintaining NMM on GitHub. (There is a blue "button" on that linked page with what they need.) Please check the "Issues" tab at the top of that "bug report" page first to see if your version of the issue is unique or you can provide additional information. (Just saying "me too" isn't needed.) If you still have an earlier version of NMM that worked but didn't have the "settings" problem when installed to the same locations, mention that as well. (It helps them confirm it isn't just you set it up wrong.)

* Be sure to check back on your bug report after a day or so, in case they have it tagged "need more info". Only you can provide that needed info.

-Dubious-

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

thanks, you saved me from a lot of search

I did a reinstall of the Nexus Mod Manager since its update and have been reinstalling some mods.

Mod Configuration Menu is a pretty darn important one but every time I try to activate it in the Mod Manager I get the message "An Exception Occurred in the Script."

Same happens when trying to install Primary Needs Hud.

I've tried enabling every permission possible, excluding the files from anti-virus scans, etc. Nothing seems to be working.

Any ideas? (Fix listed Below)

• 1 month later...

OKAY NEVER MIND EVERYONE!
I found the solution thanks to user ElysianMods.

All you gotta do is Run NMM as Administrator, go to Settings, and "Add Shell Extensions for Supported File Types". Then just restart NMM.

Thank you so much for the help, I've been searching forever on how to fix this. :D

Edited by NachoTheGreat

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I tried what you said, but I can't seem to get some of the mods to install (example; UIO, and a few others) Are there other reasons why the mods won't install?

you can try installing nvse

or if you have reinstall fonv and nvse, worked for me

• 1 month later...