nexus mod manager and mod organizer

WilliamsWill12

you can get the latest version of NMM here https://github.com/Nexus-Mods/Nexus-Mod-Manager/releases/tag/0.65.4

and the latest version of MO2 works fine (but I believe MO1 won't work , unless it will get updated)

can you link mod organizer 2 or whatever its name is here? where can i download it? and how do i transfer my mods from the previous MO to the new one?

this is the link to MO2 https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/6194

this works for other games , not just Skyrim SE , it's just hosted on this page

as for transferring mods from MO1 to MO2 , I'm not exactly sure how to go about that

maybe if you just transfer the files from the MO1 mod directories to the MO2 directories it would work , but I've never actually attempted this

worst case scenario , you can just take the downloaded mods from MO1 and reinstall them to MO2 (and since you probably still have the downloaded archives , you won't need to download the mods again , just to install them)

Yes it says "LOGIN ERROR: Cannot reach the Nexus Login Server. Either your Firewall is blocking NMM or the Login Server is down." I checked my Firewall, and it all looks good from here.

Ah HAH!!! There is a fix for this, and it works :D Thank you :D

https://www.nexusmods.com/news/13481

so i take it NMM will no longer be updated anymore? and i should use MO2 instead of MO1? and that is pretty much it?

the update error of NMM and login errors of both NMM and MO1 may not be fixed (though you can login with NMM 0.65.4 as far as I know , but the update still won't work)

generally MO2 is the updated version currently , and I do suggest using it instead of MO1 (and instead of NMM when possible , though that depends on your preferences)

I still think NMM will be updated , though it's currently stored in the GitHUB page (the current version of NMM here on the Nexus is 0.65.2 if I'm not mistaken , though they may update this in the future , I really don't know)

the update error of NMM and login errors of both NMM and MO1 may not be fixed (though you can login with NMM 0.65.4 as far as I know , but the update still won't work)

generally MO2 is the updated version currently , and I do suggest using it instead of MO1 (and instead of NMM when possible , though that depends on your preferences)

I still think NMM will be updated , though it's currently stored in the GitHUB page (the current version of NMM here on the Nexus is 0.65.2 if I'm not mistaken , though they may update this in the future , I really don't know)

i am planning on leaving NMM altogether after i make sure i got all the mods i want from it installed into MO2 ... but how am i going now to place all my already installed mods from MO1 to MO2? by the way i am STILL modding the game i have not yet started skyrim as a whole. and i'm using the legendary eidtion of skyrim not special edition.

do i just go to my profile file and take all the mods and place them into MO2? and copy my profile mods list to the one in MO2 and that's all? or do i have to reinstall everything?

by now i have over 1k+ mods installed into MO1! and i hope the plugin merger works with MO2 as well

as far as I know , all softwares that worked with MO1 work with MO2 (like Bodyslide , patchers etc) , so the plugin merger should also work

as for moving mods from MO1 to MO2 , I'm not 100% sure about that , as I previously mentioned

you can try what I wrote in the comment above (it's basically what you suggested yourself)

if this doesn't work , you should try searching online , I'm sure someone wrote about this

worst case you may have to install all mods to MO2 , but I highly doubt that's the case

as a side note , make sure to not have any mods installed with NMM when modding your game

if you have such mods , they won't be managed by MO2 , and you should try to avoid it (it would make controlling these mods far more difficult , and might cause issues)

you can safely reinstall your game , and just install these mods using MO2 (since MO1 & 2 don't install mods directly to your game's directories , doing a clean installation of your game won't touch mods managed by MO)