What was the game that caused your gaming addiction to begin?

Systex

Mine was Delta Force, a FPS game made by NovaLogic, it was one of the first multiplayer games and came out in 1998.

When I was about 8 or 9 years old I played this game for the first time. Delta Force 2 really introduced my to the online gaming world.

A few weeks ago I installed these good old games again, and noticed there were no more multiplayer servers, it made me feel sad.

Edited by Systex

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oblivion, without doubt.

The game DVD got damaged and I wasn't able to launch the game, so I ran as fast as I could to the nearby store, 20 minutes away, in pouring rain, to get a another copy.

Some months after that it happened again. Of course I did the same thing for the second time.

Edited by Cepherit

I think the 2 player beat em' up called 'Monster in my Pocket' for the NES got me hooked. The cartage was always slightly damaged so half the time the sprites would have translucent lines through them but I didn't mind. I could play that for hours with my brother. The level design and theme really appealed to me at a younger age. The player was a mouse sized monster which went around a house fighting things :laugh: .

I think it was Space Invaders & Tennis on the old Atari. I was really young. My brother was 8 years older than me, & we'd constantly fight over it. He was on the wrestling team and he would curl me up into a little ball so I couldn't breath, but when I was around 16, I got him back good. Atari got old and when the Nintendo came out, I think it was Super Mario 3 that totally wrecked me doing my homework in school.

Defiantly Gran Truismo for me. Best racing game of it's era in my humble opinion. First played when I was about 6 years old, way back in 1998. I wish the PlayStation network shop would host it as a purchasable download for the PS3/PSP, but with a Gran Truismo for the PSP recently produced in 2011, it's unlikely.