What was the game that caused your gaming addiction to begin?

Systex

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

If Pokemon Ruby was the bait, but Final Fantasy Tactics Advance was the chain that pulled me on board.

Everything started with that game!

It was the first game I ever searched an Let's Play for.

Which lead to me finding the YouTube-Channel of a today friend of mine.

And it was only because of that person, that I ever started playing Skyrim.

Soo... Without FFTA, I would never be posting this!

My first games were Tetris and Super Mario Land 2 for the Game Boy Pocket. I had the silver one with a monochromatic screen and it still exists and works; I gave it to my mother and she really likes playing Tetris. Then she got her first smartphone .... But the game that started my addiction was Pokemon Red. I still play Pokemon every now and then (the last edition I played recently was Pokemon Moon). The moment I got Oblivion for my PC: overkill. I couldn't stop playing it. My mother took it away because she thought I play a way too much and feared that my grades in school would go downhill. I deleted all my save files because of frustration. She handed the game back after several months. That was a very hard time for my younger self.

this game at the commissary,

I recall my brother and I sinking a good 10$ to go from start to end of the game, but that was money well spent,

crazy that it's been 20 something years now, my time flies by..

Edited by 3aq

Well it has to be Duke nuken 3D, me and my bro played it for so long in single player and split screen, epic days!! Lol. If im even more honest it was actually SuperMario on the Nes/Snes. Oh those were the days oh and Zelda64 lol.

Been playing arcade games since the mid-seventies, mostly in pubs where they started replacing pin-ball machines (to my regret) but the game that got me interested was Divine Divinity, the one that got me wanting for more was Giants: Citizen Kabuto, the one that got me hooked was Need For Speed: Underground and the one that had me lose what was left of my mind was Mafia.

• 2 weeks later...

DooM 2. When it came out I played it as if I was possessed by the game itself. I was literally addicted to it. Months, years... all my life was about DooM.