LooksMenu Presets Not Showing Up

PJS1488

Try loading Looksmenu and all your preset plugins at the bottom. I was having the same issue, and one where raider's showed up all purple (funky but not really what I was going for). I trimmed my mods down to 180 (which made the game run much better), but still no presets. So I loaded CBBE at the top and Looksmenu (and all attached plugins) at the very bottom (above Start Me Up). Now I have no issues and I can easily tattoo Nate up like the punk rocker he should have been.

• 4 months later...

Few months late but for anyone still unable to populate the preset list I found I was initially using the wrong file path, as of the time posting this the current path you want to use is \Fallout 4\Data\F4SE\Plugins\F4EE\Presets\, found this out after creating a test preset ingame & searching for the name of it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I've had that problem with a few presets it got. I found out they are NOT going to the correct directory which is /Data/Plugins/F4EE/Presets. Once I moved them to that folder, worked fine.

what directory are they going to?

I've had that problem with a few presets it got. I found out they are NOT going to the correct directory which is /Data/Plugins/F4EE/Presets. Once I moved them to that folder, worked fine.

what directory are they going to?

You might not get an answer, you responded to a two year old post.

• 5 weeks later...

Since this thread has been active within the last month, I'll try here......

My /Data/Plugins/F4EE/Presets contains one JSON file that I created after deciding to try out Body slide/ Looks Menu.

The presets that I've downloaded are going to /Data/Meshes/Actors/Character/Character Assets as .NIF files.

I copy/ pasted - didn't work

I moved files -didn't work

Is there some way, that I missed in all my searching, that I need to convert the .NIF's to .JSON's, or am I completely off base?

Completely off base. I've never seen LM face preset as nif file, not possible. LM face presets are in json format. They may contain settings for body, but only if

1. You have used Build Morphs option in Bodyslide while creating the body

2. You changed the ingame sliders for the body and then saved your LM face preset

Most(if not all) people share their body presets as an XML file, for Bodyslide.

The right folder path for face presets is:

\Data\F4SE\Plugins\F4EE\Presets

• 1 year later...

Maybe a bit late.
The preset folder did not exist.

After creating it manually and placing the json there, the presets still did not show up.

So I saved a preset of default character and a new 'Presets' folder was created by the looksmenu. I loaded the downloaded json there and it showed up in the game.

Edited by AlexU238