Nexus Hiding Mods?

WastedYouthX

So apparently, if you want to find what mods are on Nexus, you have to wait for a YouTube video to show you. Then you have to google it. Their search engine APPEARS to be busted because big name major mods cannot be found (unofficial patch, armor smith, etc). I have adjusted the search perimeters every which way. It just seems like half the mods are hidden, which sucks cause I found the most fun was browsing to see what all was all out there...

I just did a clean wipe and want to re-mod from scratch, but now it just seems like it's just not worth it.

Any help would be great, there is a good chance I'm just too dense to figure this one out.

Edited by WastedYouthX

the search engine works as usual

it may take a bit of time to react , but it still works

besides , there are plenty of other ways to find mods

you can go through the Top Files page , you can browse mods and look up most endorsed first , and if you've downloaded these mods before you should be able to see them through your download history (the one on this site , not your browser's , just to be clear)

you should also consider tracking these mods , it helps to keep track on them , and not lose them

just checked. unofficial patch was the first result I got when I looked up "unofficial patch"

the search engine works as usual

it may take a bit of time to react , but it still works

besides , there are plenty of other ways to find mods

you can go through the Top Files page , you can browse mods and look up most endorsed first , and if you've downloaded these mods before you should be able to see them through your download history (the one on this site , not your browser's , just to be clear)

you should also consider tracking these mods , it helps to keep track on them , and not lose them

I did sort by most endorsed most downloaded. Also tried with clearing all filters/tags (and searching by name/author). These still don't show up.

Any tips on what might be filtering these?

Best way is to google like "site:nexusmods.com <searchterm>". The search function has always been a PoS.

Example: try finding Auto Doors. For me, it only shows various auto doors patches.

Edited by pra

Best way is to google like "site:nexusmods.com <searchterm>". The search function has always been a PoS.

Example: try finding Auto Doors. For me, it only shows various auto doors patches.

first result for me

^ this I cant even search my own SKK mods on nexus (not using manage my mods) when sober and have to google keyword site:nexusmods.com this is one (only) thing that bethesda.net actually manages to do better.

Problem seems to be that default search is title only on some odd matching and excludes body, which is frankly rubbish even for a simple keyword engine.