Photo

Creating decent looking Hawke in DA:O and importing?

hawke dao toolset

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Vaalyah

Vaalyah

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Hello!

So, after years of haging on my shelf, I've finally decided to installa DA2, even if everyone and their mothers told me the battles are incredibly bad.

On DA:O, after miserably failing in creating a humanly-looking Warder, I've created another and imported her in a save-game just after the tutorial, so this time I've downloaded all CCs in time and tried to create a pc asap.

No way: those sliders can't output something that resemble a human being. So my idea was to do the same as for DA:O. But then I've discovered there's no toolset for DA2.

My question: is there a way to create a pc in DA:O toolset and then import him/her into DA2?

theskymoves

theskymoves

Mrs Grumpy Girdle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,421 posts

No.

Vaalyah

Vaalyah

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

You've just broken my poor little hear :sad:

Is there any other way to have a decent looking character?

theskymoves

theskymoves

Mrs Grumpy Girdle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,421 posts

Urgh, sorry, I've nothing to offer on that front. I never managed to create anything other than horrifically ugly toons for any Bioware game, even with the toolset at my disposal *points at Uglyface Moira Cousland over there doin' avatar duty as penance*, so I'm definitely not the right person to offer advice on making a 'decent looking character'.

In fact, for DA2 I never even bothered to do anything beyond  some basic cosmetic mods and tweaking the default Hawke face, for both genders:

tumblr_p8xjcyQiFB1uf33zto1_540.jpg

tumblr_p8xjcyQiFB1uf33zto2_540.jpg

Edited by theskymoves, 18 May 2018 - 03:39 PM.

Vaalyah

Vaalyah

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Do you know if there's a way to export and import face meshes? I could, as last try, modify them directly in 3DS Max :-P

[the force of desperation]

My DA:O pc was great (or at least, I adored how she turned out), but this pc is simply disappointing me :-/

Why have they removed the toolset? Wasn't in the first place of the things that granted this game (and NWN saga before it) sucess?

theskymoves

theskymoves

Mrs Grumpy Girdle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,421 posts

Do you know if there's a way to export and import face meshes? I could, as last try, modify them directly in 3DS Max :-P

[the force of desperation]

My DA:O pc was great (or at least, I adored how she turned out), but this pc is simply disappointing me :-/

Why have they removed the toolset? Wasn't in the first place of the things that granted this game (and NWN saga before it) sucess?

I'm way too stupid to do anything  involving 3D models. :D

And I've no insight as to why there was no toolset for DA2, sorry.

Thandal

Thandal

Faithful Kobold Companion

• Moderators
  • 23,176 posts

The body and head meshes for DA2 are considerably different from those in DA:O.  There is no possible way to get things built in one working properly in the other.  None.

About there being no DA2 Toolset: it wasn't "removed", there never was one.  And BioWare told everybody that the DA:O Toolset was unsupported from the start.  After one critical bug fix to the initial release, there's never been an update, (and never will be now that EA has gone to Frostbite for all AAA games.)

As for creating a decent looking Hawke, I've really liked all the ones I've made for DA2. 

I thought my Marie turned out especially well.  :cool:

Spoiler

What do you think?

Vaalyah

Vaalyah

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Thanks for the insight, guys. Ok, so there's no way at all. Sigh, I am sad, I put a lot of efforts to create a nice pc.

Marie is adorable, but I am looking for a more "determined" look. This is Ozden, from DA:O, for example:

http://lh3.googleuse..._M=w666-h864-no

A bit off topic, but... can someone link to me a tutorial for creating custom make up? Maybe I would be at least able to tweak it a bit :-P

sapphim

sapphim

Fan

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 346 posts

You can push the CC a bit farther with the mop modding tutorials by marquiseondore and sarchiapozzo, though warning that it's a stupid amount of effort. Ugly links because I'm on mobile: https://www.nexusmod...nage2/mods/2695 https://www.nexusmod...nage2/mods/3282

Edited by starrarte, 21 May 2018 - 01:38 PM.

Vaalyah

Vaalyah

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Hmmmm, ok, it seems insane, but I love hopeless causes. so I think I should do a try.

Thanks! ^^

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hawke, dao, toolset

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 1.099 seconds