Mysterious Kagouti-like Creature

AnubisRaven

So, back a few months ago, I was playing Morrowind with a friend. We were doing all sorts of crazy things, like jumping around with scrolls of Icarian Flight on God mode and such, but at one point, I was attacked by something I thought was a Kagouti. I remember this because my friend (who had never played or seen the game before) was like "What is that thing?" and I was like "Oh, that's a Kagouti" but then it wasn't. Now, this thing looked like a Kagouti, it had the horns and everything, but it had a different name (I think it started with an "R")At the time, I simply thought it was a common creature, and disposed of the bodies (facepalm)

Fast forward to today. I'm looking through the Morrowind Wiki for some reason, and I go look at creatures. The creature I encountered is not there. I mention it to a friend who's been playing Morrowind for a long time. He doesn't know what I'm talking about.

Now, I do have Morrowind Overhaul installed, so my first thought is that it's some new creature installed by that. My second thought is that I somehow misinterpreted what I was seeing, and it was really just a normal Kagouti. However, this is driving me CRAZY, and I thought I would post it and get your thoughts.

I'm not trying to start some big rumor or something (god knows that's been done enough in open world games) I'm just trying to figure out if I've gone insane or not. Again, I'm pretty sure the name started with an R, and I know it looked like a Kagouti, but that's all I have to go off of (I know it wasn't an Alit, as it had horns) I just looked in my savegame to see if I had some skin, or meat, or something I might have taken from the creature, but no such luck.

So, does anyone have any ideas? Or have I just gone insane?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...