Color Coded Afflictions and Inspirations

• Please log in to reply
201 replies to this topic

DrunkenFiist

DrunkenFiist

Enthusiast

• Premium Member
  • 108 posts
In response to post #67143306. #70068088, #70069508 are all replies on the same post.

Spoiler

It seems to be for all abilities. Here's a couple of screenshots to clarify.

https://imgur.com/a/sFA0JP5

Spherikal

Spherikal

Enthusiast

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts
In response to post #67143306. #70068088, #70069508, #70071313 are all replies on the same post.

Spoiler

Thanks! I think I found what the issue is. Will upload the new version later today!*
*if everything goes according to plan.
Edit: Should be fixed in version 1.6.6, but please let me know if the problem still persists.

Edited by Spherikal, 13 May 2019 - 05:05 PM.

DrunkenFiist

DrunkenFiist

Enthusiast

• Premium Member
  • 108 posts
In response to post #67143306. #70068088, #70069508, #70071313, #70073033 are all replies on the same post.

Spoiler

The fix seems to have worked. Thank you for your fast response and fix. I'll let you know if there's any more issues I come across. Endorsed!

AndreaColombo

AndreaColombo

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
Hi Spherikal,

Faith Attuned lashes from Priests' spiritual weapons start off at 20% and scale with the Watcher's disposition scores. However, within the spiritual weapons' description these lashes are marked as a fixed 20%; the number never changes with dispositions and hovering over it doesn't bring up any pop-ups with the variables influencing the end result (as is usually the case with dynamic numbers.)

Would it be possible to rectify this and make these lashes show their actual current value, as well as the hover-on pop-up that shows what is influencing them?

Spherikal

Spherikal

Enthusiast

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts
In response to post #67143306. #70068088, #70069508, #70071313, #70073033, #70087373 are all replies on the same post.

Spoiler

Great! Glad to hear it worked! I always appreciate bug reports since they are very hard to track down on your own (and I don't really play PoE anymore).

Spherikal

Spherikal

Enthusiast

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts
In response to post #70128118.

Spoiler

I've managed to get it to work like you wanted but I won't be able to implement it into the mod since it requires two additional *.gamedatabundle files to be added to the mod (and I want to avoid using those as much as possible).

I did however make the changes anyway just didn't include them in the mod. Here is the download link. Install it as you would any other mod (by dropping the mod folder into your "override" directory).

The only way I could get it to work was to rework how Faith Attuned is handled by the game, it shouldn't change how the ability works or impact future or current saves, so it's safe to use. I should note though that this mod wont work if you have any challenges enabled, just a heads up.

Enjoy!

Edited by Spherikal, 16 May 2019 - 03:09 PM.

AndreaColombo

AndreaColombo

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
In response to post #70128118. #70151243 is also a reply to the same post.

Spoiler

Thank you very much for this!
Out of interest, how come the challenges prevent this from working?

Spherikal

Spherikal

Enthusiast

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts
In response to post #70128118. #70151243, #70155028 are all replies on the same post.

Spoiler

You're welcome! Once I figured out what was causing the issue I didn't take long to put it all together :)

The reason it would stop working is because Challenges disable all *.gamedatabundle files from loading. This was made (by Obisidian) to prevent people from cheating their way through the Challenges since changing those files will give you almost complete control of the difficulty level. (Want to start with 50 ability points? Not a problem! Want all enemies to have -100 in accuracy? Sure thing!)

Here's an example of what I mean (taken from one of my unreleased projects), what's of interest is the number that follows the "CharacterCreationAttributePoints" component. (I changed it from 15 ability points at start to 25)

There probably are some ways to circumvent this by making changes to the Assembly-CSharp.dll-file but that's way over my league in terms of coding.

Anyway, that's the reason I try to avoid using *.gamedatabundle files in this mod, it's to allow people to play whichever way they want and still be able to use the "Enhanced User Interface"-mod without any issues.

Edited by Spherikal, 17 May 2019 - 10:28 AM.

AndreaColombo

AndreaColombo

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
In response to post #70128118. #70151243, #70155028, #70171493 are all replies on the same post.

Spoiler

I tried this yesterday in my current play through, which includes Galawain's challenge, and it seems to be working just fine :)

IIRC, challenges were initially made to disable all mods but that was changed in a subsequent patch owing to players' request. Now only The Ultimate forces all mods to be disabled, so good news for the Faith Attuned modification!

Spherikal

Spherikal

Enthusiast

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts

Enhanced User Interface
Mod version: 1.7.1 | Game version: 5.0

Changelog
Mod version 1.7.1
- Possibly fixed an issue causing the alpha levels of the "Bloodied" keyword to spill over in unintended parts of the UI. (Special thanks to AndreaColombo for bringing this to my attention)
Mod version 1.7.0
- Update for German to 5.0.40. Deutsche Texte auf 5.0.40 aktualisiert.

Bugs
Any bugs you might encounter should be reported at our bugs section.

Feedback
If you have any feedback regarding this version of the mod please reply to this post (don't create a new thread).

Archive
- Mod Version 1.6 (Changelog)
- Mod Version 1.5 (Changelog)
- Mod Version 1.4 (Changelog)

The Enhanced User Interface isn't endorsed by Obsidian Entertainment, Inc. and doesn't reflect the views or opinions of Obsidian Entertainment, Inc. or anyone officially involved with making Pillars of Eternity. Pillars of Eternity and Obsidian Entertainment and all related logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of Obsidian Entertainment, Inc. Pillars of Eternity 2015 Obsidian Entertainment, Inc.

Edited by Spherikal, 12 July 2019 - 02:25 PM.

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 0.971 seconds