All MODS no longer working

faq2

About a week ago I took a break from my latest play through and went to pick up my game today. Unfortunately , when I tried to load my game Fallout said that none of my mods were present (missing content warning). I use Mod Manager and everything was working perfectly before. As far as I know, nothing changed at all or any updates to either program in the last 2 weeks. A search online does not yield any results that helped or really match my issue as I have just under 100 hours in this play through without a single hitch.

I loaded an earlier save to see if the warning was correct or not and not a single mod I have was working. I launch the game through MOD Manager and use it to manage all of my MODS. Using ver. 2.0.7 and launching the game through FO4SE within MOMM.

I use:

+Illusive Man's Eyes - STANDALONE
+Real Magic Eyes
+New Karons Retexture LaCoiffe and HotRodder
+New Karons Retexture GunsandBullets
+Magazines of the Commonwealth
+LooksMenu Body Tattoos (CBBE)(EVB or vanilla)
+Tribal Body Tattoos CBBE (ESL version)
+Dragon Body Overlays (ESL Version0
+DNX Body Tattoos (LooksMenu Overlays)
+True Storms Wasteland Edition v1.4
+No DLC vanilla radiants
+Caliente's Beautiful Bodies Enhancer -CBBE-
+BodySlide and Outfit Studio - v3.7.5
+Patch UnderArmor full nude
+All-In-One Better Mod Descriptions
+Hey Thats Not Junk
+Valdacil's Item Sorting
+ARWCSM - 0 - DEF INV Compatibility Patch
+DEF_UI
+Better Item Sorting
+Tattilinas Jordan Tattoos
+Place (Fallout4 1.10.82)
+Settlement Privacy (RU)
+SalvageBeacons v1 0 3.7z
+LooksMirror v1
+LooksMenu
+Easy Reading
+Faster Terminal Displays (100x) Creation Kit Version
+Easy Hacking
+Scrap Everything
+Armor and Weapons Keyword Community Resource (AWKCR)
+Visible Companion Affinity
+Solar Power
+Settlement Management Software (loose files)
+Outfit Switcher 2.2
+CWSS Redux
*Unmanaged: DLCworkshop02
*Unmanaged: Far Harbor

Edited by faq2

Oh faq2, i see you said you are using MO 2 2.0.7. It was updated to 2.1.3 already, and it is not recent. ALL Mod Organizer mod data is stored in Fallout 4 folder, including your profile and etc (i guess it is in your appdata folder), so it is completely safe to install a new version. (i did it :tongue:)

Try doing it, download the newest version and install over your old one, or just delete the old one and install the new version in a clean folder, just be SURE to NOT delete the Fallout 4 folder from MO 2.

Falout 4 MO folder can be anywhere, just pay attention to this: https://i.imgur.com/iuNAVQB.jpg. Here you can change where the folder is if you want to move it aywhere else.

Then, test with the new version and see if everything is working.

Also, after installing the new version try changing to a new profile, then going back to your usual, and also you can test other aplications like FO4Edit to see if the virtual file system is working.
Also check if MO2, F4SE, game exe and all apps that will run through MO2 are all set to run as admin. This CAN make some difference.

Maybe this is just a bug with new windows version or just old MO 2 bad behavior, but who knows, maybe the vfs is really broken now. I hope updating will fix this for you.
Also be sure that everything that should be checked IS checked, both plugins and mods.

Just be aware that the game received an update today and this will break F4SE. Revert back to the old Fallout4.exe if you have it. Or wait for new F4SE and mods to be updated to it, everything will probably be out in a few days.

*edit: sorry about the "if you use F4SE", you do use it.

Edited by Di3sIrae

• 2 weeks later...

So, yes the game did get updated and I needed to wait for F4SE to get a new update to match so I could try again. While waiting, I decided to fire up skyrim and play that. After several hours getting my setup going and running smoothly THE EXACT SAME THING HAPPENED. Now, the 60 mods that I am running in Skyrim suddenly stopped working to include, once again, the simple texture replacers as well. Clearly this is not a problem with updates or mismatched files but with MOD Organizer 2 and I am at the point of tearing my hair out here. Skyrim worked fine for about 10 hours and after restarting my computer for the night it hard broke again.

Something is causing me to lose all my mods and I cannot, for the life of me, figure out what the hell is going on. Even uninstalling and reinstalling them did nothing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...