Invisible Piper

GDA3141

Hi Everyone,

Please forgive me if I am posting this in the wrong Forum/Topic. I have been playing through a new save game and everything was going good, almost too good, limited crashes, good FPS; anyways, the point is Piper disappeared. I used all of the console commands: PRID, moveto player, placeatme, SLM, reset ai, disable, enable. remove from faction, kill, resurrect, googled everything and when using the SLM commands it crashes the game. Finally, going back through older save files, (I really don't want to start back that far), so I downloaded FCR/OAR and cheat terminal. The only way I can detect her is using the companion FCR/ OAR locator which shows a green highlight for a miscellaneous quest and she's at Abernathy Farm. If I go to Abernathy Farm there is a quest icon above where she would be, but I cannot even see her, or even toggle onto her with my mouse in console mode. Additionally, I have checked all of the meshes, textures and I am beyond my skill level with a fix.

The main reason why I chose to post here, is the fact there are so many talented programmers and modders on here who possibly experienced something similar, and/or can offer some advice or suggestions.

Respectfully,

gda

The big question is: what did you do right before she disappeared?

Did you go looking at her newspaper in Diamond City? Because, that's usually what happens when something goes wrong with a companion; they go back to their default spot, in Piper's case, Diamond City...

Hi Moral,

Yes, I have looked for her almost everywhere.. One thing I have done is downloaded cheat terminal and tried to even spawn her that way, I receive that charachter is disabled, Console commands when I use the FCR/OAR locator shows a green quest icon above where she should be; SLM results in crash, PRID, player.placeatme, moveto player all entered with no crash, but she is still invisible. I tried the following console commands: remove from faction, disable, enable, kill, resurrect.

I do receive "object ID is missing", how would I enable her object ID?

I really appreciate your response and thank you for the suggestions!

Best,

gda

Sounds like you either accidentally deleted Piper somehow or she got killed underway from one place to another. The latter seems implausible since you located her ghost, so to speak, and her body isn't there. Have you already done the Valentine quest? Because after Valentine gets rescued, he goes back to his agency and when you join him there he's in a discussion with Piper.

But, again, can you remember what you did right before you noticed she had disappeared? Did you install/uninstall one or more mods around that period?