Trump

TheMastersSon

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone ever thought that Presidents Trump and Obama was a symptom of a problem instead of a problem, itself. People can argue fuss and fight about this imagery of left vs: right, so that the media can follow us around like scavengers, nit picking the various naughty exploits of those who will use any instance to justify their need to become a spectacle. The media is the entertainment service for those so full of themselves that they would rather hear of the quote/unquote despicablity of others than make a concerted effort to make things better for everyone.

The two party system in this country has created an atmosphere where either party can carve out their own mindless minions to goosestep after the cause of the day, their leadership throws out in front of them like a piece of meat in front of angry dogs. This serves our deep seated desire to pat ourselves on our backs and sneer at those on the other side, because we have all pretty much made up our minds to the characters of those we only recognize as being a left or right, Democrat or Republican. The politicians know that well and use it every time they can when they decide which issue they want to use or what personality to toss out in front of their constituents in an attempt to demonize the opposition. That way the politicians can promise anything and get away with it, because when they don't deliver they can always blame the opposition and take the attention of those who vote them into office away from them.

The real issue in this country is not wither you call yourselves a Democrat or Republican, but why don't we refer to ourselves as American first and foremost. My conclusion is that America has ceased in the eyes to too many people in this country and has become an ideal that needs to be, either adhered to firmly or reforged into a preconceived image. The word freedom has become so so rigidly subjective in the minds of so many people there's not enough room to instill the idea that freedom is a thing needed to be used responsibly and not bludgeon others with.

When we forget that we open the door to demagoguery and the politicians are ready, willing and able to take full advantage of that open door. This has been our legacy and we have allowed our leaders to grow complacent in the confidence that they could continually pit us against each other and really not do or say anything meaningful that would jepadize that cushy little chair they park their butt on in the houses of Congress.

President Obama was voted into office for the same reason that President Trump was and that is because their voters saw them as the best hope to change the system that has brought government to a standstill as far as doing anything convenient for those people who don't have enough money to pay their way into being listened to by the political elites who hold the puppet strings of he or she whom resides in the oval office.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-43902372

........Trump allows nothing to interfere with his revenge fest, not even popular will, the best interest of our country or even the very constitutional rights of the people who put him into office. Very, VERY Hitleresque and that's not even a matter of opinion. It's established history now.

I think Trump is only interested in making money whether its for USA, Russia, himself, or for his love of asbestos/ coal/ steel/ St0rmy Daniels/ whatever he wants. At this time, Trump haven't execute any people for being inferior, Jew, gay, or disabled. No world war occurred. War costs money even Trump will probably avoid that.

• 2 weeks later...

........Trump allows nothing to interfere with his revenge fest, not even popular will, the best interest of our country or even the very constitutional rights of the people who put him into office. Very, VERY Hitleresque and that's not even a matter of opinion. It's established history now.

I think Trump is only interested in making money whether its for USA, Russia, himself, or for his love of asbestos/ coal/ steel/ St0rmy Daniels/ whatever he wants. At this time, Trump haven't execute any people for being inferior, Jew, gay, or disabled. No world war occurred. War costs money even Trump will probably avoid that.

That's probably the most simple and level headed thing I've ever read about Trump lately. lol. It's not necessarily good or bad, but it at least stays on track on what we know he's clearly guilty of so far.

Strangely, it was Bill Clinton of all people who was once praised for the same thing. He and his campaign manager James Carville had that famous quote: "It's the economy, stupid." This was the extent of the Democrat Party's focus at the time: They knew the bottom line of politics was ONLY the "economy, stupid". All other policy decisions flowed from that. Clinton even wanted to build a Wall himself! Now there's hand-wringing about every issue under the sun, how the world is imploding and the sky is falling for each one of them, and all of the ways (real or imagined) that someone isn't suitable to be in politics.. since it'll apparently destroy us all.

edit: For the record, I actually voted for Hillary. So I'm not even pro-Trump. Even though I voted this way, I'm just a realist. Who the hell wants to be so sad and pissed off (let alone scared) all the time? Not me at least. I got over monsters under my bed when I was a toddler. Thanks.

Secondly, I don't think the Democrats care anymore about these fundamentals (economy) and focus on moral issues because Political affiliation has become some bizarre replacement for Religion... some kind of body of thought that encompasses "all of one's life" apparently. Where Politics suddenly means everything to people. Except what's actually important (ahem.. the economy, stupid). If that's the case, that might be my last vote ever, if things turn out this way. I know where to find philosophy and morals elsewhere.. and it isn't politics. Politics was supposed to be a boring numbers game, and now it's ruined. Since people dropped good institutions or families, they want to look to Politics to fill the gap (those needs are always there.. even when you get rid of the institutions.. and now they're left with the most Souless thing to focus their attention on. It's sad to see). /rant off

Edited by kthompsen

• 2 weeks later...

That's probably the most simple and level headed thing I've ever read about Trump lately. lol. It's not necessarily good or bad, but it at least stays on track on what we know he's clearly guilty of so far.

Strangely, it was Bill Clinton of all people who was once praised for the same thing. He and his campaign manager James Carville had that famous quote: "It's the economy, stupid." This was the extent of the Democrat Party's focus at the time: They knew the bottom line of politics was ONLY the "economy, stupid". All other policy decisions flowed from that.

Clinton even wanted to build a Wall himself! Now there's hand-wringing about every issue under the sun, how the world is imploding and the sky is falling for each one of them, and all of the ways (real or imagined) that someone isn't suitable to be in politics.. since it'll apparently destroy us all.

edit: For the record, I actually voted for Hillary. So I'm not even pro-Trump. Even though I voted this way, I'm just a realist. Who the hell wants to be so sad and pissed off (let alone scared) all the time? Not me at least. I got over monsters under my bed when I was a toddler. Thanks.

Secondly, I don't think the Democrats care anymore about these fundamentals (economy) and focus on moral issues because Political affiliation has become some bizarre replacement for Religion... some kind of body of thought that encompasses "all of one's life" apparently. Where Politics suddenly means everything to people. Except what's actually important (ahem.. the economy, stupid). If that's the case, that might be my last vote ever, if things turn out this way. I know where to find philosophy and morals elsewhere.. and it isn't politics. Politics was supposed to be a boring numbers game, and now it's ruined. Since people dropped good institutions or families, they want to look to Politics to fill the gap (those needs are always there.. even when you get rid of the institutions.. and now they're left with the most Souless thing to focus their attention on. It's sad to see). /rant off

Yeah its a creepy pc propagandized cult in a way. There is a reason for it but that is beyond the scope of this topic, its coming to the close of its purpose anyway.

In my opinion all indicators do point to, one last flare up then poof, its as you were.

However with intended variations, less hostility/antagonism than during the ''PC'' read new-age version of: Christianity/fanatical zealotry, Flat-earthier type, non scientific atheism/Anti-individualist/Marxism. Its very funny actually, very silly/Ironic.

That is what the new age PC movement is when you strip of the pretense, trappings, assorted bs/metaphor, and get done to the bare bone basics and its unsupportable effects on society. Most in power know this even its advocates to degree, watch there acts not there words.

Its old hat and being harmonized/balanced, as we speak.

Best let it run its course and stay away, not get sucked under with them in the scheme of things.

Its a contrived cycle. Take that eccentric statement as you will, no further comment about that.

You seem to be a smart guy, you'll figured it out if you haven't already. Non of this is any big secret or revelation, its as obvious as the k-mart, Casanovas sniffing around the women, at your local bar.

Politics in layers. Things not being about what they are supposed to be about, but working in strange variations, in excess, misdirection for the simply non perceptive, too close to it. That has always been part of the way of politics.

Minorities and real liberalism is simply and conventionally, being used, twisted, and exploited/degraded by the pc movement as a easy mark.

Most on the street are just not smart enough to see how this is so, or don't want to on some level for contrived personal reasons.

Just as well.

Many a people and individual have sold themselves for a media blurb , a kiss on the rear, and a cheap thrill. The oldest hook.

Its like playing ''King of the Mountain" and standing there inventing your own little new world that cant support itself where the parents look on and laugh and cheer them on, only on a mass level. While the kids play the adults not raising a cheer go off to work, smiling.

As long as there is min, propping up and careful lip service, with a half plausible backing. It never had to make absolute sense.

The media is happy to help, its what they do, in part, after all, scent the winds blowing this way and that and follow the cool metaphorical indicative, breeze. Just a cool breeze.

Much is obvious to many from what I read, and see of there words, all over the place. People are waking up in mass from a creepy dream, and getting it now.

They are being allowed, to get a rein on things now that it no longer politically matters long term, that is.

Edited by skyquest32

• 1 month later...

Haha 'murica, you've put a businessman in charge and soon your "free speech" will turn into a fee speech.

https://democraticunderground.com/100211127462

Currently, the taxpayers are footing the bill for all of that, including the cleanup afterwards. I don't really have a problem with the organizers of said 'protests' footing the bill for their protest.

Haha 'murica, you've put a businessman in charge and soon your "free speech" will turn into a fee speech.

Currently, the taxpayers are footing the bill for all of that, including the cleanup afterwards. I don't really have a problem with the organizers of said 'protests' footing the bill for their protest.

Neither do I , we seem to have entered into a time of professional activism , where solving a problem isn't an end goal , but where engaging in the seeking of funding has become the end goal. Thing is life will always have problems and this sort of political class can make this into something that becomes endless. I've often wondered that if you put a tax condition on these type of things and said "OK you want this program , you have to pay XX more in taxes" and then said to those who don't want it "You will pay no extra taxes". How many of these so called social activist types would suddenly become very fiscally conservative.

Neither do I , we seem to have entered into a time of professional activism , where solving a problem isn't an end goal , but where engaging in the seeking of funding has become the end goal. Thing is life will always have problems and this sort of political class can make this into something that becomes endless. I've often wondered that if you put a tax condition on these type of things and said "OK you want this program , you have to pay XX more in taxes" and then said to those who don't want it "You will pay no extra taxes". How many of these so called social activist types would suddenly become very fiscally conservative.

Giving folks a choice of where their tax dollars go? That would be an interesting concept, but, I think the military, and a fair few social programs would instantly be de-funded. :D

• 2 weeks later...

I'm definitely in support of gutting the military budget. And I'm not a leftist. I just don't see any point in all these pointless foreign wars, and us getting directly involved. We don't need that capability. I couldn't care less if some tyrant takes over a 3rd world country. The neocon/neolib method is to drop a crap ton of bombs, oust the dictator, and then rebuild their country, just for the country to go on a path of degradation the moment we pull out. Sounds to me that the only thing really accomplished was making the military industrial complex rich. America's bombs killed more Iraqis than Saddam Hussein did during his entire reign.

I had my concerns initially about Trump getting too involved in Syria, but it looks like that situation has come to a close. Assad is still there, but they're not going to get rid of Assad without fighting a war with the Russians, and sending 200k troops into Syria. It would be a bigger bloodbath than Iraq and Afghanistan combined. I'm glad Trump isn't that stupid. Hopefully the era where the USA does that has came to an end.

Edited by Beriallord