Trump

TheMastersSon

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm definitely in support of gutting the military budget. And I'm not a leftist. I just don't see any point in all these pointless foreign wars, and us getting directly involved. We don't need that capability. I couldn't care less if some tyrant takes over a 3rd world country. The neocon/neolib method is to drop a crap ton of bombs, oust the dictator, and then rebuild their country, just for the country to go on a path of degradation the moment we pull out. Sounds to me that the only thing really accomplished was making the military industrial complex rich. America's bombs killed more Iraqis than Saddam Hussein did during his entire reign.

I had my concerns initially about Trump getting too involved in Syria, but it looks like that situation has come to a close. Assad is still there, but they're not going to get rid of Assad without fighting a war with the Russians, and sending 200k troops into Syria. It would be a bigger bloodbath than Iraq and Afghanistan combined. I'm glad Trump isn't that stupid. Hopefully the era where the USA does that has came to an end.

The wars aren't funded from the military budget. That is a separate item. Of course, we borrow the money to fight those wars from other countries......

I agree though, so far, the US has more than adequately demonstrated that we flat out SUCK at nation building. Every country we have touched in the last several decades has turned into an unmitigated disaster. We flush billions of dollars down the toilet, for zero return on the investment. It's stupid, yet, we continue to do it...... My take on it is: If we want to attack another country, we bomb the crap out of them, then leave. No rebuilding, no aid, no nothing. Especially, no troops left on the ground there.

Military acquisitions are another bone of contention. The Osprey should have been killed off when it became apparent it was NEVER going to meet the design goals. And the whole 'parallel development' bs they are handing us with the new carriers is another exercise in outright stupidity. We are going to end up with billions of dollars wasted on ships that will NEVER be 'combat ready'. They aren't even reaching 10% of design specification for catapults, OR the arresting gear. The way the systems are designed, if you shut down ONE for maintenance, they are ALL offline. Talk about a lack of foresight...... those engineers should be fired. (drawn and quartered?) And the F-35???? Holy smokes, what a friggin boondoggle. More than 20 years after the first one flew, and the majority of them STILL aren't combat ready, and most of the promises we were given about this aircraft haven't been delivered.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm definitely in support of gutting the military budget. And I'm not a leftist. I just don't see any point in all these pointless foreign wars, and us getting directly involved. We don't need that capability. I couldn't care less if some tyrant takes over a 3rd world country. The neocon/neolib method is to drop a crap ton of bombs, oust the dictator, and then rebuild their country, just for the country to go on a path of degradation the moment we pull out. Sounds to me that the only thing really accomplished was making the military industrial complex rich. America's bombs killed more Iraqis than Saddam Hussein did during his entire reign.

I had my concerns initially about Trump getting too involved in Syria, but it looks like that situation has come to a close. Assad is still there, but they're not going to get rid of Assad without fighting a war with the Russians, and sending 200k troops into Syria. It would be a bigger bloodbath than Iraq and Afghanistan combined. I'm glad Trump isn't that stupid. Hopefully the era where the USA does that has came to an end.

War is necessary for those who owns the Military Industry. George Bush Jr. is one of them and if you have a company or you are the co-owner of one of those companies, how are you going to make money if your inventory is not being bought ? Millionaires in this country, the government behind the curtains, the one you and I and nobody sees, are the ones who decide about going to war and they find the way to justify it so their inventory will be sold and they will not go bankrupt. It is all about money not because China, Russia or another country is threating US. That is false because not a single combat plane has ever come here to bomb us but US has sent a lot to bomb other countries without any valid reason.

The 5 industries millionaires control are : Weapons, Pharmacy, Food, Drugs and prostitution. No president of this country will ever destroy that corruption, so it is pointless to vote.

Back to war, there is actually a military race; US create a weapon and China and Russia will match it or create something better and they have no choice because if somebody threat you, you have no other option to defend yourself. Let's get real, US has invaded more countries in the world than anybody else and more than other countries combined, so those who oppose to US, have no choice other than create more weapons to show their "teeth" and dissuade US to attack them or think twice before they do it. It is unstoppable because of the military industry of this country always going to war for money and the media is right there for them to invent the war is necessary to defend us and ignorant believe it 100%. Again, not one have come here to bomb us or shoot our citizens in our streets. We have created our own enemies because of the way we act against the world.

So, I am against war 100%. We do not need war, we need peace and progress everywhere. While other countries have free health and much, much better health system for their entire population, free education, peace inside their borders, progress, jobs for every single one able to work, better retirement system, etc, etc, we only have a few millionaires that want more money not matter what and they do not give a f*** about anybody else. We say to the world this is the best democracy but we do not have a woman as president yet, our health system is a joke, our education system is just for the richer, we are hated by the entire world because of the way we have treated everybody in the globe, we do not even have control of our borders, which are used by Mexicans to cross it as if they were walking in their own yard, etc, etc, etc ….. and if you are going to criticize for saying this, I ask you before you say something : if you feel very compassionate about them, why don't you open your house and give shelter to a Mexican family, feed them and share with them everything you have. People talk too much but they will never do anything like this for anybody, so s*** up !!

Trump had some very good ideas but I knew from the very beginning he would not be able to materialize them because behind Trump, there are very powerful millionaires pushing him not to do what he wanted otherwise he could be killed by them. The president of this country, not matter who that person is, has less power than Maduro in Venezuela. While Maduro can do whatever he wants in that country, here, Trump cannot do anything unless the congress approves it and we know how they can cast their vote : with a lot of money paid to them to get that vote and whoever pays more, will win the vote. Do you call that democracy ? So, the war will continue and at the end ( I hope that day never comes ), when the world goes into a nuclear war, not one will be safe. There are more than 10 thousands of nuclear weapons in the world and if only 1% of them are detonated, the entire planet will collapse. Good luck for those millionaires that have bunkers underground already built because not even in those bunkers they will be safe. There is no way that you could leave underground for 30 years, which will be the minimum amount of time needed to go out and be kind of safe for being killed by radiation. How about water, plants, animals ? They will be contaminated as well so we are creating more chaos when US attack other countries for money because they will become our enemies and if they are weak now, they could rise and become very strong one day and who knows what they will do to avenge their families.

How come we allow a foreign woman ( from Mexico of any other country ) to give birth in this country to which they came illegally in the first place, and have their children to become a citizen of US right away ? At the end of the day, the entire family will get the citizenship also and while we are paying taxes to support them, we do not get anything in return from the government, like free health, etc,etc. Why we do not create a law that if that child is being born in US, he/she will be granted the citizenship when that child turns 21 year of age so he/she can go to the embassy of US in their country to get the citizenship but only for them not for the entire family ? This rule applies in Russia and I know it because my niece was born in Russia and she was not granted the citizenship right away till she request it as soon as she becomes 21 years of age. US have been hanged itself by leaving everything out of control and now will be super very difficult to stop all this, not impossible but difficult.

While here no president will stop the NRA ( National Rifle Association ) to sell weapons, other countries "less democrats" have more control over weapons than us and while you can walk safe in the middle of the night in those countries, here we are always thinking twice about going to a theatre, school, concerts, clubs, parks, etc, etc, etc …. understand this : every country in the world have bad guys and crazy and insane people, but if they do not have a law that allow them to buy weapons, it will be very difficult for those bad guys to kill several innocent people. You cannot kill even one with your own hands that easy. Who will stop all of this mess ? Nobody, no president of this country will stop it. Because the day that president do something harsh against the NRA, millionaires, owners and co-owners of this industry will defend themselves at all cost to avoid bankrupt. It is all about money, money, money and more money for a few that practically owns the entire planet. As far as I know, there are about 50 super millionaires who meet in secret and decide everything about the world. They have enough money to buy the media and whoever they need to buy to get their goals. In the middle of all this, we have doctors in this country stealing money from us. You go to a clinic and have a blood test and they make you believe that you have cancer ( how much money they paid to the pathologist to falsified the test ) and you believe it and start investing all your fortune to heal while you do not have anything at all. You die, and if you were a moron that decide while you were alive to donate your organs, most likely they killed you because your liver is compatible with some human ( a millionaire ) willing to pay 10 millions dollars for a single healthy liver so he / she can continue to live. Simply like that ! No moral at all, but money.

And I can continue the whole day. I do not give a simple f*** about democrats and republicans. They are just in the hands of the millionaires doing what they are told to do while we are here discussing who is the best, of for whom I will vote, etc, etc. Good luck with your decision because simply like this : you will not change anything at all !!! While they are playing golf, eating good steaks, fishing and drinking good water and having access to medicines that really cure illnesses, you and I are here like idiots talking about how to fix this and that, and for what ? To what end ? I expressed my opinion as everybody did but I am very well aware that I will never change anything because of this : the human heart is easily corrupted with power and money !!!! Neither you nor me can change that and once a millionaire put money in your pocket, you will do what he wants you to do because you heart is easily corrupted. You and I are the same and everybody has a price.

A lot of your information is inaccurate at best. Even if humans detonated every nuclear weapon we have, the world will still be here. May not be much life left, but, earth itself will go on. (and the cockroaches will thrive.....)

The NRA doesn't sell weapons. They simply support the second amendment to our constitution. I would also point out that gun laws don't make you safe. If you remove a few cities from the statistics, (chicago, baltimore, detroit, New Orleans, and Los Angeles..... all cities run by democrats, with rather strict gun laws......) the crime rate in the us would be lower than most of europe. A lot also depends on just where you happen to be. I can walk outside any time, day or not, with absolutely zero fear of someone robbing/stabbing/shooting me. South side of Chicago? Not so much...... The MAJORITY of the country IS pretty darn safe. There are just a few specific, extremely high-crime areas, that bring the stats down.

As for our government here in the US, yeah, they are indeed bought and paid for by the 'special interests'. It has been described as "The best government money can buy." And that is, unfortunately, all to accurate. It would be nice to get the money OUT of the equation, but, the only people that can achieve that, are the very same people that benefit most from NOT changing it. I have seen politicians run on a platform of 'campaign finance reform', but, once elected, nothing happens. Why? Because ONE person cannot change a problem that has been ingrained in the system by the majority of participants for decades. So, I don't expect that to EVER change. (short of a second revolution......)

Trump really isn't any different than any of his predecessors. He made promises to get elected, perhaps he even had every intention of keeping those promises.... (or, maybe he didn't expect to actually WIN???) but, once in office, very few of those promises are likely to ever see the light of day. He was going to pull us out of Afghanistan, but, got talked out of it.... Ostensibly for reasons of 'national security'..... But, we didn't have a presence there for centuries, and our national security was not compromised. Folks point at "a haven for terrorism'.... But, what is it now? One giant terrorist training ground, complete with real americans to shoot at, blow up, whathaveyou. We are accomplishing nothing. Just like every other would-be conqueror before us.

Quite frankly, our government sucks. They are in the business of government.... and like any business, their goal is to make money. Apparently, it works pretty well, as if they aren't wealthy when they first get elected to office, they most certainly are by the end of their first term....... It is indeed the 1% running this country. They buy and sell politicians right along with their stocks on the stock market. Dems, Repubbies, they are all the same. None of them are honest, none of them have AMERICA's best interests at heart, they are in it for themselves, and their wallet. That's it.

Trump really isn't any different than any of his predecessors.

You cannot be serious. Trump is the biggest narcissist in decades if not centuries who had the pleasure of being POTUS, and his intelligence level barely scrapes the bottom of a fish barrel. The circumstances around his election raise a lot of alarming questions and so do the consequences. Saying he's not any different from other presidents is a gross misrepresentation of facts.

How many Possums have conducted foreign policy through twitter messages?

How many Possums have threatened other countries with a big red button and when going to negiotate fold without anything to show that his bravado isn't just for show?

How many Possums have denied global warming the way he does, even when every expert declares firmly with lots of studies how we are all screwed if it doesn't get stopped in a few decades?

How many Possums have White House staff cringe in fear that he offhandedly cancels key defense agreements that are an integral part of the safety of the country without even looking at them?

And the list goes on.

Just how many?

Sorry, but Trump is a tramp, and should never have been let anywhere near with real political power.

Edited by Fyrcynn

You cannot be serious. Trump is the biggest narcissist in decades if not centuries who had the pleasure of being POTUS, and his intelligence level barely scrapes the bottom of a fish barrel. The circumstances around his election raise a lot of alarming questions and so do the consequences. Saying he's not any different from other presidents is a gross misrepresentation of facts.

How many Possums have threatened other countries with a big red button and when going to negiotate fold without anything to show that his bravado isn't just for show?

How many Possums have denied global warming the way he does, even when every expert declares firmly with lots of studies how we are all screwed if it doesn't get stopped in a few decades?

How many Possums have White House staff cringe in fear that he offhandedly cancels key defense agreements that are an integral part of the safety of the country without even looking at them?

And the list goes on.

Just how many?

Sorry, but Trump is a tramp, and should never have been let anywhere near with real political power.

We have elected Possums for president???? That would certainly explain a lot......

Yes, Trump is an idiot, not the most honest feller, and really needs to stay off the social media....... Still and all, Obama's foreign policy (apologist in chief) wasn't really all that good either. Bush's foreign policy flat out sucked. (INVADE!!!!!)

In all reality, it is the democratic party that is to blame for Trump being president. They could have ran ANYONE else but Hilary, and won. (simply for the reasons stated above.....) But no, Hilary bought the party, and then they lost. (and she still made millions off of it.) Folks didn't necessarily vote FOR Trump, so much as voting AGAINST Hilary. And to this day, Hilary is still deluding herself about WHY she lost. It wasn't election tampering, it was folks just didn't like her. (the folks that actually cast the vote that counted.... the electoral college.)

And the list goes on.

Just how many?

We have elected Possums for president???? That would certainly explain a lot......

Yes, Trump is an idiot, not the most honest feller, and really needs to stay off the social media....... Still and all, Obama's foreign policy (apologist in chief) wasn't really all that good either. Bush's foreign policy flat out sucked. (INVADE!!!!!)

In all reality, it is the democratic party that is to blame for Trump being president. They could have ran ANYONE else but Hilary, and won. (simply for the reasons stated above.....) But no, Hilary bought the party, and then they lost. (and she still made millions off of it.) Folks didn't necessarily vote FOR Trump, so much as voting AGAINST Hilary. And to this day, Hilary is still deluding herself about WHY she lost. It wasn't election tampering, it was folks just didn't like her. (the folks that actually cast the vote that counted.... the electoral college.)

Sort of. Truth is stranger than fiction ;)

And the list goes on.

Just how many?

Sort of. Truth is stranger than fiction :wink:

Now THERE is an accurate statement. :D

I note that Billy never really caught on though. Teddy was much more successful.

I don't want to comment on other areas I'm not as informed on but there is one issue that drives me absolutely nuts which is that Trump keeps denying climate change and refuses to take any action on it. Worse yet, he pulled out of the Paris agreement. Considering the US is the second biggest contributor to climate change (https://www.ucsusa.org/global-warming/science-and-impacts/science/each-countrys-share-of-co2.html#.XAZRb5kRVky) it's totally inexcusable. It's like he's trying to bring about certain catastrophe.

Still and all, the US is around half of what China is doing.

The Paris Accord was useless. Even if EVERYONE that signed on to it did EVERYTHING they promised, it would only make around a .3 degree difference by 2100. Considering some of the measures would be rather harmful to our economy, it simply isn't justifiable to stay in. Look at what is currently happening in France. Macron wants to bump the price of fuel, to 'discourage' folks from driving. That action has the largest affect on folks on the lower end of the income scale. Not to mention that it will also increase transportation costs for EVERYTHING. Hitting folks even harder in the wallet. Understandably, the folks in France are not happy about it.

Also, US CO2 emissions have remained relatively flat since around 2005. Can't say the same for China/India.

The fact is, the climate changes. We can't stop it, we can't change it. It IS going to happen. We can either adapt, or, we can die. Those are the choices.

Edited by HeyYou