237 replies to this topic

steve40

steve40

No more cling-wrapping, OK Bubby?

• Premium Member
  • 7,176 posts

In response to post #60328346.

Spoiler
Hey Steve. When selecting any of the "Yes" options in the assets permissions section, the DP permissions should become selectable. If this is not the case for you, please let us know. Thanks!

Ah, I see. It's a little confusing, as I want to set the asset use permissions to "ask first", and likewise for earning DP, but the way it's implemented I have to leave the DP option as "not allowed".

blackrat99

blackrat99

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

I wonder if there shouldn't be a small section on the description page, saying that the mod is part of the donation system and that points are dstributed to modder A: 80% modder B 20% etc. This would let users know that the mod is part of the system, and also make it easy for users and modders to see that the author is playing fair. What we want to avoid is modders becoming paranoid and over-protective and transparancy is one way of combatting that.

dikr

dikr

Old hand

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 816 posts
In response to post #60323101. #60323591, #60323716, #60325346, #60329741 are all replies on the same post.

Spoiler

So how's that tumblr page and the 21 likes working for you?
I prefer an open & free, dedicated platform like the Nexus where I get to download tons of mods for free and get a ton of exposure on my own which I mainly upload to contribute to the community, while not worrying too much about missing out on appropriate "credit" here and there or a couple of cents lost through 'stolen' DP.

Edited by dikr, 23 May 2018 - 03:03 PM.

Lollia

Lollia

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 457 posts

I have a question: How do we divvy the points fairly amongst the creators whose assets we have utilized? Is there some sort of ratio of how many points are deemed proper for a mod author to request in return for some of their creations being used?

Example: A mod focused on new settlements with lively NPCs with active schedules and dialog might use some custom hair and eyes from a great many creators.

How does this work if, say, Hair Modder #1 requests 20 dp, Hair Modder #2 only wants 5 dp and Hair Modder #3 says they don't care for any points at all. And that's not even touching on the custom eye creators.

What happens if you think that Hair Modder #1 is being a bit exorbitant? Do you go to Hair Modder #1 and attempt to get them to lower their point price, in short, resort to haggling? And if you wish to be fair to Hair Modders #2 and #3, what then?

If such a scenario would take place, it would seem like the joy of mod creation is going to be sucked dry by all the back-and-forth between various mod authors trying to ensure that everyone gets a fair deal.

I think we need some ground rules on the point system. How much is too much? How much is too little? And what if a mod author thinks that their assets are worth more points than some other creator's whose assets are being used in the exact same manner? Will we need a Nexus court system?

Ashes2Asherz

Ashes2Asherz

Faithful poster

• Premium Member
  • 2,371 posts
In response to post #60323101. #60323591, #60323716, #60325346, #60329741, #60332106 are all replies on the same post.

Spoiler

there ain't nobody going to make money from your assets.. or anyone's assets.. there would only be a few people that receive money from this and those that support this DP system have Stockholm syndrome. The Nexus has always been about parlor modders and this donation system is only going to cause more fighting within the community.. But I guess the Nexus believes in divide and conquer so they can keep all the control for themselves and own financial gains. .

Edited by Ashes2Asherz, 23 May 2018 - 04:32 PM.

Ethkell

Ethkell

Regular

• Premium Member
  • 56 posts
I'm excited to see how this does in the wild in the upcoming months. There will obviously be some obstacles that will need to be addressed, but I'm confident that the Nexus folks will do their best to make this system as fair and user friendly as possible. Are there any precautions the Moderators are taking for this potential influx of submissions?

Arthmoor

Arthmoor

Destroyer of Bugs

• Premium Member
  • 20,003 posts
In response to post #60328346. #60329511 is also a reply to the same post.

Spoiler

I think this option needs to be available regardless of other permissions since they're all defaulted to enabled right now and we might only want to change it to "ask first" which is currently impossible without unlocking one of the other options.

elderscrolliangamer

elderscrolliangamer

Old hand

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 919 posts
I've opted in and look forward to seeing this system in full swing. But I would really still like to see the addition of renaming your account. I've been dying to for years ;(

Edited by elderscrolliangamer, 23 May 2018 - 05:29 PM.

Yusei0

Yusei0

Faithful poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,137 posts
In response to post #60329956.

Spoiler

you could give premium to your friends

Elianora

Elianora

Skyrim Real Estate Agent

• Premium Member
  • 10,690 posts
My opinion on others "profiting from my art work" through Donation Points:

Posted Image

I have 126 mod pages, don't feel like updating the permissions on all of them.

Page loaded in: 1.055 seconds