State of Decay 2 Mods?

TeachPower

Hello. I've been looking around for forums where discussions concerning mods for State of Decay 2 are, but I am surprised I have found none. I read and saw in a recent developer interview that they have no mod support BUT they are not actively stopping mod making for the new game. They said mods are possible to create and implement in the new game and I would really like to see some mods.

My question is this... are there any that currently mod for the original State of Decay, planning on modding for State of Decay 2? I think they game can really benefit from some small to big mods especially for somebody like me that likes a challenge from realism mods.

-Bounty Picker

s#*!... I am currently "upgrading" to windows 10 to play this... And I feel horrible. Windows 7 is the greatest windows ever.

I loved SOD and was devastated to see they made this a windows 10 exclusive... Windows 10 is not PC just so you know.

On the mods? I'll play this and see what it needs. Though Custom characters are a must.

What sort of mods do we think this game needs?

I'll probably be looking at making the "normal" Zombies not able to run, but the plague zombies will...

Completely changing homesites will also be modded. I have read that there is little to no room to play around without following a tried and true formula to success.

Though, mods will most likely disable Online play, or if it does not, chances are anyone you play with would need the same mods.

I can't wait to play this game...

Paton... the game is fun and I am almost about to move out of the first map and go into the second map. Let's see what do I believe needs to be modded? Mods that...

1) I would like a touch of realism to hardcore modes. When I game I like realism and challenge. I'd like to see weapons have a little more punch. And definitely a mod that eliminates durability. I can't see how hitting about 20-30 zeds will break a large wrench, sword, and car OR shooting about 100 rounds through a weapon will make it break. If anything make durability disappear and make it that you have to clean/service the weapon every few days or the power will diminish or jam more frequently. Or make durability go ALOT slower.

2) Allow you to assign jobs to other survivors in your community like go out and gather supplies/vehicles, meet a trader in the map and trade, take on a mission while you are doing a mission, work on vehicles at base, etc.. I can't stand it that most of the time my survivors at base are just sitting around and not really doing anything. Its all up to me to do everything.

3) Allows you to manage base better. All inventory is scattered around the UI. Be able to sort according to power, value, caliber, etc.

4) Gives you the time of day. Right now you can tell the time of day unless its switching to morning/night

5) Be able to build/fortify base defenses like upgrade/build walls and traps. Right now whatever base you have you are stuck with what defenses it has or lack of. Zeds can't climb over base walls BUT they can bang on gates and doors and get in. What happened to locks?! If I like the base I am in and want to stay throughout the duration of the time I am there on that map I should be able to fortify a wall and add barbed wire, glass bottles, pointy tips to the top, etc. What would be neat is to add specialty features like electricity to fences and just sit back and watch the zeds get zapped :laugh:.

I am sure that as I continue to play I will add more to this list.

Is there any SOD modder now that is currently working on or thinking of modding for SoD2?? I certainly hope so because Undead Labs said "We don’t plan to actively prevent mods, but we don’t plan to support them, either." So they essentially are allowing mods to be created for SoD2, since they probably saw how well mods did for SoD.

• 2 weeks later...

I too would love to see some mods for this;

1) a mod to give unlimited gas for cars

2) a mod that lets you design guns, having to find one with a nice scope or large magazine is kinda a pain. we can make silencers why can't we make those?

3) the ability to find and designate buildings of our own choosing to be used as bases. there are some nice factories and other large buildings that would have made nice bases but we can't move into them. hell in some cases you would be able to take over a small block of buildings and wall them off for a base.

4) a mod that allows us to shoot guns from the hip. If i have a shotgun and am surrounded by zeds having to aim it and zoom in as it is now just makes it more dangerous to use the gun not less so.

5) maybe a mod that adds/upgrades a few traits to people; if a character has knowledge of medicine then maybe it reduces the amount of meds used per day, like wise if we have a house flipper or some thing similar he could know how to use materials better and reduce daily costs for that also.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I would request running Zombies removed and remove the red glowing eyes.

It would probably be nice to have options to remove some zombies like bloaters, or have better death animations that the cartoon cloud they produce.

Remove the Loot container Flashing becon so you actually have to look for loot.

And generally make loot less abundant so its more of a hardcore survival game.

• 4 weeks later...

I would be happy about an Mod that reduce the Zed spawning rate .. massive ... is horrible that after a Week Zombie-Hordes spawns out of nowhere, no matter that you kill evry infestation-Zones or plagueheart :/ delite 80 % from the Zed´s and make Hordes bigger , more Zeds in Towns that on a farm out in the fields ... make noise "louder" so hordes turns if ya shoot a gun ( last time a horde was 10 meters away and didnt reacting about my wildfire gunfight with some enemy Surviver ^^)

sorry for my english and beside that im very tired ^^

good night and merry x-mas @ all ^^