CharGenMorph Compiled.... Not Showing

brujita717

Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me with this issue - apologies if it turns out to be a dumb question, I'm new to gaming and I sometimes make things harder than they need to be for myself.

I've modded all my Dragon Age games with basic help from the internet and a lot of experimentation on my part. I successfully modded DAO a few months ago, but now I'm using a different computer. I've checked every forum and no one seems to have asked my question. Basically, I successfully compiled my CC mods using the CharGenMorph Compiler (a brilliant, brilliant lifesaver) but I can't get the mods to appear in the game.

My file is saved as an .xml in Documents > BioWare > Dragon Age > packages > core > override. I had to make the override folder myself, which is strange since I downloaded the game from Origin and that doesn't seem to be the case, usually.

Again, it's a single chargenmorph.xml file that I made using the compiler. No part of that mod will show in game - the closest I got was having space for those mods on the sliders, but all mod hairs left the scalp half-open, skin tones didn't show, etc.

If anyone has any idea what's going on, I'd really appreciate it. I'm not sure where to start since almost every question about CC mods comes from people who haven't compiled their .xml files yet. Thanks in advance, guys!

All that the XML file does is tell the game to look for the new meshes/textures/etc in the character creator. One of the things that the chargenmorph compiler should do is check to make sure that you have the files for those mods, but it doesn't check for all of them. If you're seeing a "space" for, say, a hairstyle, but the hair shows up blank on the character's head, then you've got some of the mod files but not all of them.

The easiest way to troubleshoot this is to let us know what chargen mods you're using, and maybe from there we can help you figure out what you're missing.