Installed Mods Not Working

hamoodcooper123

I tried installing some mods, great mods compilation being one of them, and so far non worked. I even reinstalled the game and still nothing. Game runs okay but the mods are not working a tall. Sorry for the noob question but I'm new here so i don't know much. Thanks in advance.

are you installing these mods through NMM or manually?

also , do you have the latest version of the game? because the last update of the game (I believe it was in December 2017) broke quite a lot of mods , which required that these be updated

I know for a fact that the Great Mod Compilation (https://www.nexusmods.com/dragonsdogma/mods/193?) wasn't updated to work with the last update , so you need to downgrade your game to a previous version for it to work (or try to remake the mod to work with the last version , as I doubt the author will update it)

I tried installing through NMM and nothing worked. I gave it another chance by going with manual installation and somehow worked a bit. It is a bit weird because i remember using NMM to install the same mods earlier. Welp, I am glad the mods d worked at the end. Thank you for replying so quickly!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

as a side note, don't bother installing mods until after the prologue.

I did that and the game just plain crashes. It's usually some variation of "failed open file" as it attempts to call upon files that don't exist in folders that also don't exist (e.g., looking for a nonexistent "mod" folder). This happened after installing the Beautification mod and the prerequisite nude mod. Would I be correct in placing the blame for this on the latter, since the former was updated just a couple weeks ago?

as a side note, don't bother installing mods until after the prologue.

I did that and the game just plain crashes. It's usually some variation of "failed open file" as it attempts to call upon files that don't exist in folders that also don't exist (e.g., looking for a nonexistent "mod" folder). This happened after installing the Beautification mod and the prerequisite nude mod. Would I be correct in placing the blame for this on the latter, since the former was updated just a couple weeks ago?

read the comments on that second mod . there is a post on how to get it to work for 2018 (it requires some work on your end , but at least you should be able to get it to work)

and in general you should really check the comments on mod pages when you can . people will usually report errors if they have any , so it would be a good place to see if the mods works or not , and how to fix common issues